Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sold please delete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mike1981
Sold Please delete
9144me2enjoy
How long have you owned it? Do you still have the original bumpers? Mileage and any history on engine? Was the transmission rebuilt? Rust issues anywhere? Gauges all work? Heater, Lights, wipers etc. all functional? Cracks in dash etc.? Who did the V8 conversion? How many miles on car and engine? Original color? What else needs to be done to the car to be safe and dependable? Better pics of all dash instrumentation. Center console has switches for? Trunk (rear) pics? Will the Targa top fit in rear trunk? Thanks
Mike1981
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jun 25 2018, 08:56 AM) *

How long have you owned it? Do you still have the original bumpers? Mileage and any history on engine? Was the transmission rebuilt? Rust issues anywhere? Gauges all work? Heater, Lights, wipers etc. all functional? Cracks in dash etc.? Who did the V8 conversion? How many miles on car and engine? Original color? What else needs to be done to the car to be safe and dependable? Better pics of all dash instrumentation. Center console has switches for? Trunk (rear) pics? Will the Targa top fit in rear trunk? Thanks

I have owned it about 1.5 years
No original bumpers sorry
Mileage is unknown odometer stopped
Tranny was service and new seal kit installed
No rust issues I know of
All Gauges work
Heater works
Wipers work
1 crack in dash
Original color is one of 3 greens for that year.

Album

http://s273.photobucket.com/user/mas3fish/...rt=3&page=1

Nothing needs to be done to this car for it to be safe.

I bought it in Chattanooga TN and drove it all the way to Detroit.

Most solid 914 I have owned.
Switches in center counsel are not connected, I Believe this was from another car.

Top fit in trunk fine

You can call me if you like

Pic of messy trunk
914outlaw
QUOTE(Mike1981 @ Jun 25 2018, 10:37 AM) *

QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jun 25 2018, 08:56 AM) *

I have owned it about 1.5 years
No original bumpers sorry
Mileage is unknown odometer stopped
Tranny was service and new seal kit installed
No rust issues I know of
All Gauges work
Heater works
Wipers work
1 crack in dash
Original color is one of 3 greens for that year.
Nothing needs to be done to this car for it to be safe.

I bought it in Chattanooga TN and drove it all the way to Detroit.

Most solid 914 I have owned.
Switches in center counsel are not connected, I Believe this was from another car.

Top fit in trunk fine

You can call me if you like

Pic of messy trunk

http://s273.photobucket.com/user/mas3fish/...?sort=3&o=0

The link to Photobucket doesn’t work.
Mike1981
Thanks for the heads up.

I attached the pic this time.

It is showing up on my screen
burton73
The last picture you show of the rear trunk area shown a different air filter with some kind of duel air intake set up. What is that and is that what is going on now.

Does it have a parking brake? What is the 911 rear brake set up you have. Early one with a parking brake?

Door jam pictures and more detailed pictures will sell it for you.

Thanks,

Bob B
Mike1981
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jun 27 2018, 02:03 PM) *

The last picture you show of the rear trunk area shown a different air filter with some kind of duel air intake set up. What is that and is that what is going on now.

Does it have a parking brake? What is the 911 rear brake set up you have. Early one with a parking brake?

Door jam pictures and more detailed pictures will sell it for you.

Thanks,

Bob B

Thanks Bob

I will retake pics, I agree these could be better

I had a "cold Air Intake" on it when that pic was taken.

However it got in the way of checking the oil and vibrated loose on me.
'
I have since gone back to the standard pancake unit.

burton73

Mike1981
New Album of Photos added

Thanks

Mike
burton73
QUOTE(Mike1981 @ Jun 27 2018, 12:06 PM) *

New Album of Photos added

Thanks

Mike

Sorry, the requested page does not exist.

It does not work for me.

Sorry

Bob B
michael7810
The link at the top of Post #1 works for me. Nice looking car. GLWTS
Mike1981
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 27 2018, 03:44 PM) *

The link at the top of Post #1 works for me. Nice looking car. GLWTS

Thanks Michael7810
Mike1981
Hello

New Lower price.

Well sorted clean engine swap

Thanks
Jonathan Livesay
Have we determined whether or not it has a parking brake?
Mike1981
Parking brake cable it there but it needs a bracket welded in order to hook it up
burton73
QUOTE(Mike1981 @ Jul 8 2018, 04:40 AM) *

Parking brake cable it there but it needs a bracket welded in order to hook it up

You say: Porsche 911 Front and rear brakes.

Sorry but I still have questions on the rear brakes and the parking brake.
You say you need a bracket for parking brake?

911 calipers. Is the rear a 911 parking brake from very early car?

This makes a big difference to people.

Bob B
Mike1981
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jul 8 2018, 02:09 PM) *

Bob B

Im not sure what you are asking

I have front and rear 911 calipers do not know what year

one of the rear calipers houses the ebrake cable is there but not attached to caliper

Hope this helps

Mike
burton73
QUOTE(Mike1981 @ Jul 8 2018, 01:48 PM) *

Bob B

one of the rear calipers houses the ebrake cable is there but not attached to caliper

Hope this helps

Mike

Early 911 parking uses an expanding parking brake with shoes that touch the back side of a drum that is part of the rear disk.

Sorry I do not have a picture right now . Tangerine makes a cable to hook that part to the 914-brake cable.

If you have the set-up it is a very good point on this car. Whoever built this car put some quality parts in the conversion.

Good pictures of high quality and these points will sell your car.

I am always looking for the right bargain. In less it is the right blue and I am screwed.

Thanks,

Bob B
burton73
Sorry but pictures to show door gaps. Striate on not at ¼ view. Pictures of rear trunk with the carpet and pad out. Pictures to clearly show the areas of rust on these cars. The underside pictures need to be better. Close up of door jams. Area where the front fenders meet the windshield area.

Gaps of hood and lights. You are far away from the west coast. This will get your car sold.

Thanks,

Bob B
Mike1981
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jul 8 2018, 05:03 PM) *

Bob B

Hope this helps

Mike

Early 911 parking uses an expanding parking brake with shoes that touch the back side of a drum that is part of the rear disk.

Sorry I do not have a picture right now . Tangerine makes a cable to hook that part to the 914-brake cable.

If you have the set-up it is a very good point on this car. Whoever built this car put some quality parts in the conversion.

I am always looking for the right bargain. In less it is the right blue and I am screwed.

Thanks,

Bob B

Not sure what you mean by the "right" bargain

Also if you click on the photobucket link these pics are the best resolution I can manage.

I feel they give a real buyer a good idea of the quality of the conversion.

If anyone is serious I would be glad to take more pictures

Thanks

burton73
QUOTE(Mike1981 @ Jul 8 2018, 02:20 PM) *

Bob B

Hope this helps

Mike

Thanks,

Bob B

Also if you click on the photobucket link these pics are the best resolution I can manage.

Thanks

The right bargain is one where the car owner is not over rating the quality of his car and a buyer get a fair deal on the price.

“No rust issues I know of” show it and prove it. Gaps and close up to see if there are any problems.

This is not unreasonable. Clear picture of bottom of car to see if it has been reworked.

Cash in hand and just as real as anyone not in town. Are you a realistic seller on what it takes to sell? You are getting better but not there yet IMHO for me not being there.

It’s not like a West Coast guy can just come over and CK it out. Take a breath and think over your car selling strategy. Is what you are doing working for you?

I am a real buyer. Cash in hand and just as real as anyone not in town. Are you a realistic seller?

I have bought 914 cars from Florida and Texas and more than a few from California.

GLWTS

Bob B

drifter914
Sheesh ! Mike, you have the patience of a Saint ! This is a very worthwhile car at a very fair price. If I didn't already have one I would have bought yours right away.
Notice how the non-buyers work you over ? Bored, I guess.
Be patient brother...
GLWTS
Terry
Mike1981
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jul 8 2018, 10:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike1981 @ Jul 8 2018, 02:20 PM) *

Bob B

Hope this helps

Mike

Thanks,

Bob B

Thanks

The right bargain is one where the car owner is not over rating the quality of his car and a buyer get a fair deal on the price.

“No rust issues I know of” show it and prove it. Gaps and close up to see if there are any problems.

This is not unreasonable. Clear picture of bottom of car to see if it has been reworked.

Cash in hand and just as real as anyone not in town. Are you a realistic seller on what it takes to sell? You are getting better but not there yet IMHO for me not being there.

It’s not like a West Coast guy can just come over and CK it out. Take a breath and think over your car selling strategy. Is what you are doing working for you?

I am a real buyer. Cash in hand and just as real as anyone not in town. Are you a realistic seller?

I have bought 914 cars from Florida and Texas and more than a few from California.

GLWTS

Bob B

Hello Bob

I understand you are trying to help me and I am grateful.

Yes I am not a professional seller, that I will admit

So with that behind us please help me understand:

The right bargain is one where the car owner is not over rating the quality of his car and a buyer get a fair deal on the price. I agree, I am seeking a fair price and for the buyer to get a fair deal.

“No rust issues I know of” show it and prove it. Gaps and close up to see if there are any problems. When You say gaps Door Gaps? Trunk Gaps not sure what this means. I have been under the car many times and everywhere I have looked I see no rust.

This is not unreasonable. Clear picture of bottom of car to see if it has been reworked. I don't have access to a lift but I can jack the vehicle up and do my best. Bottom has not been re-worked I see no patches

Cash in hand and just as real as anyone not in town. Are you a realistic seller on what it takes to sell? You are getting better but not there yet IMHO for me not being there. Trying to get better yes OK Ill give you this one.

Good question, I still love the car perhaps I'm still attached to her.

GLWTS

I have as well and it is a risk of sorts, none of the cars I bought were local, and all had their little quirks once discovered after the sale, but all were honest cars and worked very well.

Thanks

Mike
Mike1981
QUOTE(drifter914 @ Jul 8 2018, 11:10 PM) *

Sheesh ! Mike, you have the patience of a Saint ! This is a very worthwhile car at a very fair price. If I didn't already have one I would have bought yours right away.
Notice how the non-buyers work you over ? Bored, I guess.
Be patient brother...
GLWTS
Terry

Thanks Drifter914
Mike1981
I Missed this Post

Sorry but pictures to show door gaps. Striate on not at ¼ view. Pictures of rear trunk with the carpet and pad out. Pictures to clearly show the areas of rust on these cars. The underside pictures need to be better

I will take these pics tonight and add them to the photobucket album

Mike
Mike1981
Added Pics of the door gaps underbody trunk and trailing arms with brake cable

Hope this helps with buyer's decision

Thanks

Mike
Mike1981
Hello Eveyone

Added pics of:

Door Gaps
Hood and front light gaps
Trunk
Underbody
trailing arms and e-brake set up

hope this helps

MIke
Mike1981
Forgot to Mention Car has Chassis Stiffening Kit installed as well
Mike1981
Sold Please Remove
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.