Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More race footage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimT
Well hope you guys arent getting bored of non 914 footage...

but this car I helped build, and maintain, is friggin fast.. someday we will have the bugs worked out.. we wont catch fire, wont miss a shift, wont have a piston fracture just before Road Atlanta.... wont wont..

this is a clip starting from last place LOL

http://www.rudtnersracing.com/Videos/start.wmv
F1rocco
WoW O WoW Watkins Glen NY "The Boot" ...Great Find.......WoW
TimT
Great find? Thats footage from my friends car at the Zone 1 pca club race last weekend....
redshift
lol! That car likes carrots!

M
F1rocco
My Bad,,,I was blown away...I want to get a 914...I visit the GLEN three times a year or so and there is nothing like ""the boot""...I heard they changed it...Looked like the same boot...Cant tell never seen such a great camera angle in such a small and powerful car...
Series9
Aaron's crack habit: bootyshake.gif
TimT
I did some instructing at the glen a few weeks ago

they smoothed out the curbs going up the esses, and in the bus stop, and they paved some of the run of areas, and put up a bunch of catch fences

Miles is on a roll.. carrots.... yeap

hehehe
iamchappy
Reminds me of my car with the wastegate blasting away. That car has a serious power plant.
Aaron Cox
Tim- ill never break the addiction...

and Joe O - chowtime.gif stromberg.gif
Aaron Cox
and BTW - as always tim great show...and we need more videos drooley.gif clap.gif
Series9
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 12 2005, 09:04 PM)
and Joe O - chowtime.gif stromberg.gif

Hey Aaron chowtime.gif bootyshake.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (914RS @ Jun 12 2005, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 12 2005, 09:04 PM)
and Joe O -  :chow:  :stromberg:

Hey Aaron chowtime.gif bootyshake.gif

you win....ive been owned.gif alfred.gif
bernbomb914
any one remember the bog at the Glen? the last time I was there they burned a greyhound bus to the ground. It was'nt a good place to drive thru. they burned a lot of cars there

Bernie
smooth_eddy
So what kind of speeds are they doing in the video?
snflupigus
forgive me if this is a retarded question... but exactly what car is that?
MattR
Thats not a bad question. Its a 914 with a 956 motor biggrin.gif
TimT
No our car is a '79 930 that we rebodied to a 935

its powered by a 964 engine that we made to a 3.8, the crank has been re-ground , we use Clevite nascar rod bearings. Aasco spring Ti retainers, it should rev safely to 9000 RPM, Two injectors per cylinder, a modified K36 turbo , some other special doodads here and there

There is another video I posted of us passing the 956 powered 914. The guys that built that cars did a little trash talking about us.. so we just passed them like they were out for a sunday drive
MattR
oh, my bad
Allan
That is wicked!!! I love that stuff.................
ematulac
More! Must have more!! drooley.gif
9146R
Great footage...love the passing scenes...it's like the other 996's (993's) are standing still. Thanks biggrin.gif
street legal go-kart
After two days at the kart track I finaly have a way to show the Creature how to pass.
The judicious use of momentum and power plus good judgement will put you in the lead every time.

Me thinks after the last month a couple of very high dollar Nascar drivers could learn a thing or three by viewing this short sequence laugh.gif

Miss Mari
TimT
Me thinks after the last month a couple of very high dollar Nascar drivers could learn a thing or three by viewing this short sequence

Nah many of the cars Billy passed possesed almost 400HP less than the engine in our car..

Those other cars (996GT3rs/RSR) handle much better than our car.

In Nascar things are supposedly "more" equal passing the first 10 or fiteen cars was easy, its when you start getting into the group that is running similar lap times, is when it shines on the driver...

glad you guys liked it!!

Next Stop ....

Mosport!! you all come down eh!

beerchug.gif
campbellcj
Thank you Sir, may I please have another? beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.