Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 on BAT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
912e owner
Currently watching a silver 914 on Bring A Trailer - bidding ends today - what do you guys think in a fair price and about it in general - thanks
Frank
Ferg
Seems like a decent enough east coast driver car.

Longs look solid, but judging by the pics, the hell hole still looks it needs attention. Appears they did a new tray.

The AC cuts are always a bummer IMO, and I'm not a fan of what looks like rhino lining in the trunk.

mtndawg
For an original owner with documentation, this looks like a solid deal. it would be nice to see better pics under the battery. I agree with Ferg about the AC cutouts, but hey maybe the new owner want's AC!
JeffBowlsby
Rhino liner in the trunk indicates that the rear floor panel was either replaced (poorly) or that holes in it (common) were maybe bondoed or fiberglassed and then the rear portion of the trunk floor just 'textured' and painted. Either way, there was damage there at some point and who knows if it was correctly repaired under the texture. I would recommend that the car be inspected and determined acceptable as a condition precedent to the purchase.

The fuel tank area and engine bay are unusually beat up/dirty compared to the rest of the car...a clue to me that these areas are either damaged or neglected over the generally sanitary conditions of the rest of the car. I wonder what the story is?
Spoke
$16k and didn't meet the reserve.

Seems high for a 914 not in excellent resto shape.

For $16k+ I would need to see and drive the car. Then again, if I was spending $16k, maybe $20k I'd be looking for a /6 conversion.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jun 26 2018, 03:29 PM) *

For $16k+ I would need to see and drive the car. Then again, if I was spending $16k, maybe $20k I'd be looking for a /6 conversion.

Spoke, I love you man. Your stuff is all over my car. But, it would be a rare or poorly done conversion that would fall in the $16K - $20K range these days! blink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am always scared of north east cars. This one besides the trunk floor having been extensively repaired, the car has been painted all over including the jambs and the doors and sill covers have been removed.. THEN looking down around the gas tank it is fairly heavily corroded, which makes me think that the car itself was also in bad shape before the comprehensive paint job. Notice how sloppily the dot sticker was taped off. Scares me
Spoke
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 26 2018, 05:02 PM) *

Spoke, I love you man. Your stuff is all over my car. But, it would be a rare or poorly done conversion that would fall in the $16K - $20K range these days! blink.gif

Point well taken. Vintage Porsches are appreciating rapidly.

9 years ago, I didn't break $20k for this car. beerchug.gif

ConeDodger
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jun 26 2018, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 26 2018, 05:02 PM) *

Point well taken. Vintage Porsches are appreciating rapidly.

9 years ago, I didn't break $20k for this car. beerchug.gif

Yikes! That might go 5X higher today! wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.