Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Owner of my 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Fitton
This is the guy that bought my 914-6 on BAT, Mark Haddawy anyone know him? Has a '61 Ferrari 250 parked in the driveway, also at the end of the video it shows his '73 911RS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxyweUP3EnY
JmuRiz
Wow! He used to live in Case Study #21 house and now lives in this...and one of those bizzaro Futuro houses. Looks like the 914 will make a good addition to his classic collection.
iwanta914-6
Restoring a house to it's original 1956 design, that's pretty awesome!
VintageExcellence
thats awesome, you know the car is in good hands. I built a 73 911S and sold it to a guy in the Hollywood hills with a case study house. He too was bringing the house back to original design as a very famous boy actor who was the previous owner made it his party house and messed the place up. Picture of my car in his driveway are awesome. I feel left out, I want a house that is way cooler than my cars.
mb911

Wow waaaaaay beyond my pay grade.
Mueller
Is the space ship looking house part of that house or is that separate?

Never heard of him or those houses, however now I have something new to start watching on youtube with that series about all those different homes!

Seems like a cool guy.

ConeDodger
That’s Mark Haddaway. He owns Ressurection Vintage. The house is for sale for @$6 million.
Our youngest studies architecture. He wants to intern with him some day. This summer he will intern in Portland with BKLA, one of our members.
mtndawg
No cars on jack stands in that yard.
Larmo63
We tried to buy a huge Lautner house at one point years ago here in Orange County that has now been effectively ruined by the current owners. They can do what they want, but it was an awesome architectural structure.
rick 918-S
Cool House. Nice home for your 914-6. Here's our new house. Just received the final drawings. Not sure if it will download

Click to view attachment
Cal
Mike, I think your car is in good hands....

Mark Haddawy is an interesting cat, he has the same hobbies as I do.....architecture, vintage watches and Porsches. Here's a recent interview video with him from HODINKEE that discusses his house, his watch collecting and his cars. It's worth watching.

http://youtu.be/2eS8WJDZQqo
JmuRiz
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 26 2018, 07:51 PM) *

Cool House. Nice home for your 914-6. Here's our new house. Just received the final drawings. Not sure if it will download

Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 26 2018, 08:51 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Looks neat... now where is the drawing for the new mega-garage? smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
Very nice Rick. Has an "Incredibles" vibe.

In your experience in a snowy climate, are you not concerned about the wood siding being stained at the wall base by snow accumulation?
dakotaewing
As Rick says below, sorry for the right turn.
Hope the sale of your Six provides you other opportunities you wish to pursue !

beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
Yeah, but does he have one of these? av-943.gif
Mike,
What a great guy to sell your Six too..I am too into Mid Century houses..
I am on my second restoration project..Maybe 914's and mid-century go together..I did not know so many 914 World members are into Mid Century..Maybe we should all start a post on this.. Show your houses 914 World members.. Again congrats on your sale.. I am for sure going to miss your For Sale Parts posts..
914/Alan
gereed75
Very cool. In the YouTube vid he talks about just not having great pieces, but having the best example of great pieces. He obviously saw that in mike’s car.

Very appropriate
RickS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 27 2018, 05:52 PM) *

Yeah, but does he have one of these? av-943.gif

Yeah I am pretty sure he has a wrist and considering his wealth, probably two.
rick 918-S
Sorry for the right turn Mike. I will start my own thread in the sandbox. Hate to see you part with that fine 6. But if it had to go it would be hard to find a better place. beerchug.gif Here's to your next project! beerchug.gif
amfab
Im not just into mid-century, I am mid-century
SKL1
Quite the house! See some FLW influences on the inside...

Watched that auction- looked like a great car and was very interested in what it went for.

Why did you sell it????
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jun 28 2018, 02:52 PM) *

Watched that auction- looked like a great car and was very interested in what it went for.

Why did you sell it????

Good question! Well it was a long time pursuit to own a 914-6 started in 1980 when I owned a '73 914 2.0 and used to drive by a silver 914-6 that was for sale near me for $10k but could not afford it at the time. So I was thrilled to acquire this one in 2014, I drove this one everywhere 2 Parades and Ockteenerfest pretty much all over the country. I took it to a level of a 2+ condition and it is a really nice car, but I became uncomfortable driving it based on value and the crazy distracted drivers that are on the road now. Think about it, every time I took it out I was always making sure I was not in anybody's blind spot and looking in the rearview mirror all the time for fear of getting rear ended. I didn't want to park it and let it sit, I have a '71 Targa and a '95 993 so I am not without something to drive also 3 cars were too many for me to keep at my house and regularly drive them. It was just the right time to let it go.
Mueller
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jun 28 2018, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jun 28 2018, 02:52 PM) *

Why did you sell it????

Good question! Well it was a long time pursuit to own a 914-6 started in 1980 when I owned a '73 914 2.0 and used to drive by a silver 914-6 that was for sale near me for $10k but could not afford it at the time. So I was thrilled to acquire this one in 2014, I drove this one everywhere 2 Parades and Ockteenerfest pretty much all over the country. I took it to a level of a 2+ condition and it is a really nice car, but I became uncomfortable driving it based on value and the crazy distracted drivers that are on the road now. Think about it, every time I took it out I was always making sure I was not in anybody's blind spot and looking in the rearview mirror all the time for fear of getting rear ended. I didn't want to park it and let it sit, I have a '71 Targa and a '95 993 so I am not without something to drive also 3 cars were too many for me to keep at my house and regularly drive them. It was just the right time to let it go.

I was driving a friends original /6 over the weekend, totally nervous when he mentioned not up to date with agreed coverage! He was insured, but sounded like he was only at 50% current value these cars are going for now!

krazykonrad
That dude is living the dream!

Konrad
Rav914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jun 28 2018, 04:19 PM) *

......but I became uncomfortable driving it based on value and the crazy distracted drivers that are on the road now. Think about it, every time I took it out I was always making sure I was not in anybody's blind spot and looking in the rearview mirror all the time for fear of getting rear ended. I didn't want to park it and let it sit, I have a '71 Targa and a '95 993 so I am not without something to drive also 3 cars were too many for me to keep at my house and regularly drive them. It was just the right time to let it go.

I know the feeling. I sold a nice, but rare '67 Porsche for the same reason. It turned into no fun.

Anyway, the guy you sold it to has good taste and has checked all the "cool" boxes. I'd just want to know how he made so much money, and can the method/process be applied to something else?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.