Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is up for a Fall Rally in Oregon?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Anybody on the west coast who is looking for an high level Rally at a low cost should seriously consider this:

http://www.classiccaradventures.com/wa-or-...o-registration/

I do the Colorado version every year, and can say without hesitation it is my favorite event every year. Dave the organizer really goes above and beyond to keep the cost low and the fun driving is off the charts.

This is an excellent event and I don't think you could do it cheaper unless you slept in your car laugh.gif

Deets for those who don't click the link.

Introduction

The Hagerty Fall Classic is a budget-minded driving adventure through Washington/Oregon for 1979 and earlier touring and sports cars (with exceptions for select newer cars on an application basis). This un-scored, non-competitive event takes place entirely within the province of Ontario and consists of approximately 1000km of driving over three days. The Fall Classic is organized by Squamish Classic Car Adventures using straight-forward route instructions. Each entrant is required to read the Supplementary Regulations, which contain all the details and ‘rules’ for the event, before completing the Entry From.

The Hagerty Fall Classic will start on Friday, September 14th, 2018 and finish on Sunday, September 16th, 2018. To ensure an “adventure”, the route will remain secret until competitors receive their entry packages at registration. Way-finding instructions will be detailed and clear, and will not require any calculations or rally knowledge. The event consists of 100% paved roads, with some remote routes and destinations. Driving for each day is scheduled during daylight hours. Car wash facilities are available at each overnight stop, though our definition of ‘facilities’ is rather loose. The coin-op wash-bay down the road may suffice!
Vehicle Acceptance

All vehicles attending the Hagerty Fall Classic are expected to meet legal roadworthiness standards at an absolute minimum. Generally guests should ensure their vehicles are ready for a long weekend of driving through back-country and winding roads, keeping in mind that short jaunts around town may not fully prepare your vehicle for long hours of remote highways.
Event Dates

Thursday September 13th: Unofficial pre-event dinner and drinks event.
Friday September 14th: Day One, registration opens at 9:00am. All guests to be registered by 10:00am. 10:00am mandatory all-participants meeting.
Saturday September 15th: Day Two, 8:45am mandatory all-participants meeting.
Sunday September 16th: Day Three, 8:45am mandatory all-participants meeting.
914werke
"within the province of Ontario" ~?
Ferg
Typo, he also runs a event in Ontario.

Go to the link and look at the day pics from the Silver Summit, the rally that is held in Colorado.

I cannot stress enough how cheap the entry is compared to other comparable rally's. Two nights lodging and dinners covered.

I'm secretly trying to find a way to make it out to this or one of his other events.

rhodyguy
Dufur OR is mentioned. It looks like the town we stopped at going from The Dalles to the race track. There is an Ontario County in eastern OR near the Idaho border.
Ferg
One of the things I like most about his Rally's.

The route is not disclosed until you show up and receive the route book. Keeps it interesting.

rhodyguy
So you don't know where it starts until you sign up? 4 hours from Seattle? That's about to The Dalles driving the speed limit.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 26 2018, 02:40 PM) *

Dufur OR is mentioned. It looks like the town we stopped at going from The Dalles to the race track. There is an Ontario County in eastern OR near the Idaho border.

Yup...
RickS
Limit of 45 cars and it fills up fast. Since registration opened the 24th a few interesting cars, MG, Minis, a Jag and some others. http://www.classiccaradventures.com/wa-or-...ntry-list-2018/
Mikey914
Sounds fun
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.