Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: torque spec for rocker assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
I am not finding the specs for torque on the nuts that hold the rocker arm assembly in place - going to finally knock this out tonight, - I have the small torque wrench that is in inch-pounds, not foot pounds,

Thanks

Phil
Mark Henry
10 ft/lb or 120 in/lb for the M7 nut, stock.
17 ft/lb or 204 in/lb for the M8 nut if you did the performance valve train conversion.

I have a chart in front of me but inch pounds is foot pounds X12 = inch pounds
DRPHIL914
awesome thanks!!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jun 27 2018, 07:55 AM) *

awesome thanks!!

X2 - I'm doing the same thing right now and was going to look up that spec this morning.
Dave_Darling
You can only torque the nuts that hold the rocker shaft on when the valves for that cylinder are closed. Otherwise the valve springs push on the rockers hard enough that the shaft won't even be seated against the head at 10 lb-ft.

Also make sure that the hole in the rocker shaft holders (crap, forgot the term!) that is chamfered is toward the head, and that the slot for the pushrod tube retaining wire is at the bottom.

--DD
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 27 2018, 10:33 AM) *

10 ft/lb or 120 in/lb for the M7 nut, stock.
17 ft/lb or 204 in/lb for the M8 nut if you did the performance valve train conversion.

I have a chart in front of me but inch pounds is foot pounds X12 = inch pounds

lol-2.gif headbang.gif how did i not know that , ah but makes sense- simple math lol!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.