Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Filler 100mm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
For those of you who have done the 100mm fuel cap through the hood, I am having trouble finding the filler. I can find the 100mm Blau Cap, but the only place I have found the filler is overseas. Who has them?

IPB Image
mepstein
Sierra Madre
thomasotten
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 27 2018, 10:58 AM) *

Sierra Madre

I can only find the cap there.
mepstein
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Jun 27 2018, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 27 2018, 10:58 AM) *

Sierra Madre

I can only find the cap there.

I don’t know if they sell the parts individually but I know they have the kits, I’ve purchased at least half a dozen in the last 2 years.

Call them.
mb911
There is a meber right now working on making a kit. Very cost effective. His name is Martin Baker.
Martin Baker
I have them...necks and caps. Also, don't be fooled. These caps are not measured by the cap overall dimension. They are measured by sealing surface, I was mislead by Armando's web site, and it cost me $500 in freight charges. 80 MM is the correct size for the size used on the 911 and 914/6 types, through hood fillers.

Here is the set up I built. I had a friend tig up the neck in the tank, and the die for the drain tray was made by Roger Hamlin for me.
Martin Baker
Here is one I did on my race car.
Martin Baker
The plan is to start doing a complete tank set up. I have the parts to build three. I have 50 caps and 50 necks at the moment. Here is what it all starts off looking like. I do an electrolysis treatment on the tank after I am complete and the tank look like new inside. I have fixed some pretty bad ones.
Martin Baker
For reference
Retroracer
I have a spare filler that works, but its not as deep as the the you show in the photo - maybe 25mm from memory? PM me if you're interested in it.

I took the easy way out and simply attached the Blau cap to the top of the stock one....

- Tony

Click to view attachment
Retroracer
..and here:

Click to view attachment
Martin Baker
So if you want to use the stock filler but have the cool cap, here is whats possible without your cap protruding through the hood so far...first cut out the base of the Blau cap as seen here.
Martin Baker
Then attach the stock cap into the area removed from the Blau cap, and use a strong two part adhesive to secure.
Martin Baker
And as a result you have one close to the same height as one with a welded in 80MM neck.
Larmo63
That's cool, and your race car is insane, love it!!!!
Martin Baker
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 29 2018, 08:27 AM) *

That's cool, and your race car is insane, love it!!!!

Thanks for that. Its been a long road. I just put my Cibie Pallas on. My latest endeavor to close up the accuracy gap on it.

LIGHT ER UP!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.