Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 shop news
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
This is a picture of our 914 mechanical shop, we have separate body shop and concours reassembly areas as well as 914 display areas etc. The big wall to the left is a temporary one as we work on the rest of the building. It was built in 1947 from wood and corrugated tin, (a 1947 version of a butler building) and we have been in it since moving here from our original location in 1981. To rebuild while continuing to work, we are dropping I beams through the roof to enable us to build the new roof and then will tear down the old from the inside. You can see the theme in these pictures. Once we have this completed, we will remove the temporary wall and expand the shop to the left where we already have the wall and floor finished.
In the other section, we will construct a "Jay Leno" type garage, displaying more 914s 356s and other Porsches along with glass display cases and wall hangings of vintage Porsche items (I take great pride in my collection of original 914 window stickers). We hope to have a place where any 914 owner would like to visit while visiting Atlanta and Porsche NA headquarters here. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Mueller
I need to add you shop as a place to visit one of these days!
TonyA
Watch that water run off....like we discussed when I visited last year. You want some more Philly pretzels?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
WE all loved those things.

QUOTE(TonyA @ Jun 28 2018, 08:46 AM) *

Watch that water run off....like we discussed when I visited last year. You want some more Philly pretzels?

JOEPROPER
Amazing that a shop that size stays busy with 914s.
xperu
Real nice George. Mike Kelly
914Sixer
Looking good. Haven't been by since the early 2000's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.