Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show me your Centre Mount Park Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NS914
Hey Guys,

I am hunting down Centre Mount Park Brake set ups....apparently Jeff Hail had a really nice set up....and I believe moparrob did as well.

I have been searching for an hour now (I really need to learn how to search more effectively) and have found references but no actual how to's or recommended parts....

Could you guys direct me to a few good threads!

Grant
914forme
Not hard but no write up I am aware of.

I copied Jeff's setup the build starts here.
effutuo101
I am looking at this for my e-brakes
https://www.estopp.com/product-page/e-stopp-standard-kit
914forme
And this is what I did to make the copy.
NS914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 28 2018, 05:08 PM) *

That e Stopp product is very cool and truly simple to install! Thanks for the link!
Grant
914forme
And only works as a parking brake or last ditch effort emergency brake, their is no modulation to it, it is all on or all off. A hand brake does allow for modulation of effort.

"Nothing Turns a 17 Year Old Girl on More Than a Well-Executed Handbrake Turn." Jeremy Clarkson
NS914
QUOTE(914forme @ Jun 29 2018, 10:25 AM) *

And only works as a parking brake or last ditch effort emergency brake, their is no modulation to it, it is all on or all off. A hand brake does allow for modulation of effort.

"Nothing Turns a 17 Year Old Girl on More Than a Well-Executed Handbrake Turn." Jeremy Clarkson

I get ya completely on this and truth be told that is what I am looking for....did you fabricate the mount below the 964 lever or did that come from another car as well.....ooops. just looked at your thread again...fabbed!!!

Grant
RickS
I wonder with e-stop when the battery dies if the brakes are locked or worse yet, if parked on an incline, release.
amfab
QUOTE(RickS @ Jun 29 2018, 08:22 AM) *

I wonder with e-stop when the battery dies if the brakes are locked or worse yet, if parked on an incline, release.

I just rented an F150 that had this sort of thing from the factory, I should have checked this, I hadn't thought of that potential
BPic
I’m not familiar with the E brake on automobiles but I do know in the golf cart industry the E brake is released when power is put to it. Without power the magnet slams shut and locks the wheels. Sucks when you have a dead battery.
Mike Bellis
I'm working on an electronically actuated (push button) parking brake for mine. I'll be using a 911 parking/drum setup. Already have the rocker switch mounted but need to modify my new trailing arms to mount the setup. Then stiffen, then powder coating, then bearings, then bushings, then, then, then...

I'll post a build thread when I get more forward movement/progress. I've been dragging my feet on this but I have almost all the components to make it work.

One thing I haven't figured out is where to mount the actuator that pulls the 911 cables. I have new Porsche cables but they are same length, so the actuator need to be somewhat centered. In the trunk maybe for access?

I have more pressing issues like a valve cover gasket that will require surgery for access.
effutuo101
Probability that I will be parked on a hill is about 0. Also, I have two master cylinders (one for front, one for rear). I am ok with the risk.
I will post a picture on my thread when I have it done.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 30 2018, 04:24 PM) *

Probability that I will be parked on a hill is about 0. Also, I have two master cylinders (one for front, one for rear). I am ok with the risk.
I will post a picture on my thread when I have it done.

That's a nice kit and very similar to what I'm building. Go for it.
Lucky9146
QUOTE(NS914 @ Jun 28 2018, 11:08 AM) *

Hey Guys,

I am hunting down Centre Mount Park Brake set ups....apparently Jeff Hail had a really nice set up....and I believe moparrob did as well.

I have been searching for an hour now (I really need to learn how to search more effectively) and have found references but no actual how to's or recommended parts....

Grant

Grant I ended up with Moparrob's 914 and finished up the center parking brake.

You can check out may thread and I will circle back to this post and see if I can narrow down some pages to go to. Happy to help in any way I can. I love it and it works great!
driving.gif white914.jpg

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=261197

Click to view attachment
NS914
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Jun 30 2018, 08:27 PM) *

Hey Guys,

Grant

You can check out may thread and I will circle back to this post and see if I can narrow down some pages to go to. Happy to help in any way I can. I love it and it works great!
driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment

Hey Lucky,
So glad you responded and yes, this is exactly what I was looking for....LOL!

MOPARROB was the first thread I had searched. I have a line on the exact handle and assembly you have now so just waiting to see if the guy responds....been a few days but it is vacation time so hopefully he gets back to me.

I will definitely go to your page and view.

Grant
Lucky9146
QUOTE(NS914 @ Jul 3 2018, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Jun 30 2018, 08:27 PM) *

Hey Guys,

Grant

driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment

Hey Lucky,
So glad you responded and yes, this is exactly what I was looking for....LOL!

MOPARROB was the first thread I had searched. I have a line on the exact handle and assembly you have now so just waiting to see if the guy responds....been a few days but it is vacation time so hopefully he gets back to me.

I will definitely go to your page and view.

Grant

Look at about page 15 of my thread. Also, Moparrob had welded in these washers as push points for the cables as shown in this picture.
driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.