Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: restoring targa handles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 RZ-1
I pulled all the hardware off the targa top to re-do it. Now that it's done I'd like to put all the hardware back on, but I thought I might "pretty up" the handles a bit.

Has anyone ever done this? I was going to paint it with the trim black I used on the rest of the car. Looks like some parts of the handle are plastic, though. Maybe use whatever I use on the sails to re-coat them?

The handle is assembled with what looks like press-fit pins. Can these be removed safely and put back?

Is this even worth doing?

Click to view attachment

914 RZ-1
No replies, huh? Is this a part that people just buy new?
ConeDodger
Well, you've got my attention. I don't know. Can it be purchased new? If it can't, I'd bet the Whitesell boys will be on it soon enough.
burton73
No, people just clean it up. It most likely is just dirty my man.
I have not seen a crappy one. The picture of your looks fine. Plastic does not rust and well if it does not clean up well just get one from a different car that does.

I may have an extra set if yours do not from a CA car that I cut up 8 years ago but try yours 1st.

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.