Brett W
New parts for the race car.
Brett W
Front Hubs
Brett W
Tires 10-23.5/15
Wheels 15x 9.5 (Cheap)
Brett W
Upper ball joint mount and steering arms.
Brett W
Rear Upper ball joint mount.
Bret,

Great looking parts. Hey where did you p/u that twin master?

Have you figured a reasonable way to install that?

Thanks cool.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Brett W @ Jun 12 2005, 09:06 PM)
Front Hubs

Funny looking front hub. HOWZ that work?

Love tham NASCAR rims. Look like my Diamond pieces. except the lug reinforcing.
Brett W
Sorry those are the rear hubs. I would have a tough time running the driveshaft right through the driver for an AWD setup. Plus I don't think the wieght penalty is worth the benefits.

I scored the pedals from Race Mart and master cylinders come from Full Throttle in Nashville, TN:
http://stores.ebay.com/RaceMart-Direct_W0Q...0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

No reasonable way to install but my setup is far from reasonable. These are top pivot reverse swing pedals so they would differ for a stock 914 mount style. Now AP racing a new set of Pull type masters that fit under the floorboard on a bottom pivot pedal setup. They are super sweet. http://www.apracing.com/car/pedalbox/pboxp7.htm

These are front hubs. They are billet aluminum and wiegh 5lbs each. They are so strong. EX Winston Cup parts.
Jeroen
can you explain the balljoint mount?
Brett W
The car will have dual a-arms in the front and rear. The piece you see above will be bolted to a fabricated right. The spindle snouts are in route so construction of the uprights will begin shortly.

Pictured below is a spindle and upright from a LMP. (mine aren't near as pretty) Notice how the upper ball joint is mounted in a billet piece of aluminum and the steering arm is integrated into that. Well that car is front steer mine will be rear steer. The front has one hole for mounting the .500 monoball in double shear and the rear three holes are for making adjustments to the Ackerman. The rear holes will hold the 7/16 rod end in double sheer for the tie rods. The steering arm is 2 inches long. The upper rears have the toe link located on one end. I had originally intended to make the front and rears the same but had a re-design right in the middle of machining.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.