Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering pan cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
Are the underside steering pan covers currently being reproduced....if so, by who? I'm cleaning up the underside of my car and would like to replace the one I have.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I think that Dansk JP group is doing them now

QUOTE(Cal @ Jun 30 2018, 07:15 AM) *

Are the underside steering pan covers currently being reproduced....if so, by who? I'm cleaning up the underside of my car and would like to replace the one I have.

mepstein
They have them for 911’s but I havent seen one for 914’s.
Dave_Darling
Someone in Europe is making repops. They've posted images on Facebook. Didn't say if they were currently available for sale, though.

Would used parts be good enough? I don't imagine those take quite as much punishment as stuff near the battery, for instance. If used would be OK, then take a look through the for sale forums here, or post a WTB.

--DD
forrestkhaag
I make them in Carbon Fiber as the original painted steel versions were weighty and rust prone. PM if interested and I will reply with delivery costs to one's location.

beerchug.gif
windforfun
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are different versions with slightly different hole patterns.
mepstein
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 30 2018, 11:11 AM) *

Someone in Europe is making repops. They've posted images on Facebook. Didn't say if they were currently available for sale, though.

Would used parts be good enough? I don't imagine those take quite as much punishment as stuff near the battery, for instance. If used would be OK, then take a look through the for sale forums here, or post a WTB.

--DD

They get beat up and corroded from brake fluid.
Cal
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 30 2018, 11:11 AM) *

--DD

Yes, I saw that on Facebook also....apparently they don't have the part listed on their website.

http://914er-teile.de/en/index.php

I was wondering if anyone in the states was producing these.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.