Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 upholstery- door cards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
So this is new to me. 2 piece door cards from my ‘70 car. Look to be factory.
Mikey914
Those are the early and correct. We can sell you a vinyl kit to recove easily.
The late are one piece. You can use the late backs on an early door no problem (just usimg correct vinyl).

These are pretty easy to reuse if not damaged too much on the bottoms.
mepstein
Late must have started some time in ‘71 since my 3 - 71’s all have one piece door cards.
Mikey914
I have a 72 with the 2 piece, pretty original, so maybe 73?

raynekat
My 71 was one piece....
maxwelj
My 70 was one piece with the metal attached to the top of the door card. the top bolster was formed using a piece of vinyl cord that tucked the vinyl up and then was clamped under some metal tabs. Used to come apart all the time and the cord would hang down.
Switched to Mikey's one piece fiberglass that look the same but wont come apart.
mepstein
QUOTE(maxwelj @ Jul 2 2018, 03:36 PM) *

My 70 was one piece with the metal attached to the top of the door card. the top bolster was formed using a piece of vinyl cord that tucked the vinyl up and then was clamped under some metal tabs. Used to come apart all the time and the cord would hang down.
Switched to Mikey's one piece fiberglass that look the same but wont come apart.

Yes, my 3 - 71's have the same original door card that you had and I had to fix the cord on the diver side. I had never seen the (really) early 2 piece. I know there's a thread that discusses the difference from 70-71 but haven't found it yet. Garold reminded me about the narrow door handle and the plywood floor board. Also pulled the relay board to see the bottom is bare and the relays are metal capped.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
they are steel top cardboard bottom. Later they started to mix them up so some were two piece some one piece

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 30 2018, 06:40 PM) *

So this is new to me. 2 piece door cards from my ‘70 car. Look to be factory.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.