Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Excellent Driver Door Panel for 1971 Black
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
orthobiz
My door panel vinyl is flopping around at the top, the cardboard thickened piece or whatever broke apart.

Thanks!

Paul
smg914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 1 2018, 05:56 PM) *

My door panel vinyl is flopping around at the top, the cardboard thickened piece or whatever broke apart.

Thanks!

Paul

Paul,
In case you can't find a suitable door panel, the top vinyl section of your existing panel can easily be replaced by an upholstery business. So even if you find a panel (right side or left side) in the correct 1971 Naugahyde with holes cut for speakers, a section can be cut from it and attached to your panel.
orthobiz
Thanks Steve. I think the local upholstery place can tuck it up again or even get the 914 rubber panel for a rebuild. But I was hoping to go the easy way out and get one that's already done. So all the fabric is already there, just needs the "tuck."

I remember how excited you were to find that George had a 1971 new interior for your M471 build.

Great to hear from you!

Paul
Mikey914
I have a feeling this could easily be fixed. I suspect the issue is the part that tucks over the card noard came loose.
orthobiz
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 3 2018, 06:36 PM) *

I have a feeling this could easily be fixed. I suspect the issue is the part that tucks over the card noard came loose.

That piece through the vinyl feels like it's in pieces...

Paul
Mikey914
If you can post up some pics we can see for sure.
orthobiz
OK, Mikey aka Mark, some pics.

The upper middle portion is loose, it is no longer tucked underneath.

IPB Image
orthobiz
Pulling up reveals the sagging a bit better. The previous picture showed how tight the vinyl is up by the side mirror.

IPB Image
orthobiz
I am pinching the ?cardboard? in between my fingers in this picture. It is like a broken piece floating under the baggy vinyl. I can move it around between my fingers.

IPB Image
orthobiz
A long shot and closer up demonstrating (I hope) how the vinyl is properly tucked near the front of the door. Whatever you see in this pic is way, way worse flapping in the breeze!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hope this helps. Still looking for the door card!

Paul
mepstein
I would take it to an upholsterer and have them fix it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.