Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 914 Newbie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
macpro
Hello everyone!
Thanks to Clay and Betty for telling us about Joe. Seems Joe wished to sell his project car , a '74 2.0 Carb. Clay asked if we (Jean and Greg) would like to have a teener. Since my son Jason had just found his (74 2.0 IF) and he and I had just started work on it ...well hell yea we would love to check it out. Right price and a great guy to buy from... Joe even loaded our new baby in his new enclosed trailer and delivered it right to our driveway.

We are a little pressed to have it ready for the MUSR 7 event in Granbury, TX in September...we are going with or without it. We'll bring pix if not the cars.

We hope you all will come to : http://www.pca.org/914/MUSR7ad.html

We'd like to put faces with all your posting. We already feel like we know many of you and you have the same passion for these little cars as we do.

Any way watch for my posts as we start on our quest to make it to MUSR 7.

Back to the car we bought from Joe.
Seems Joe saved this car from death many years ago but never was able to rebuild it. (Time and $$$) The car is a survivor of the Mayfest Hail Storm, grapefruit size hail broke the windsheild and left the decks looking like the face of a sixteen years with acne. Well, Joe even supplied replacement decks and we feel this little white car will be back on the road and lookin' good again soon! Just need alot of TLC and lots of $$$.

First things first. Rebuild the brake system. It must stop before it can GOOOOOO! Safety first! It currently has a Pinto Carb...I think I go back to FI because gas it not getting cheaper.

We look forward to bouncing lots of questions off you seasoned teeners. We know that help is only a click away. This is the best board on the subject.

Jean, my better half, and I hope to meet many of you soon as we will be attending as many of the club functions as we are able.

Anyone know a good powder coater in Dallas or Fort Worth Area? I going to "Bead Blast" a set of Porsche star rims and get them powdered.

SpecialK
Welcome Greg! beer.gif
redshift
Greg... Jean... welcome to the 914 experience!

boldblue.gif ohmy.gif pray.gif screwy.gif Yack.gif icon8.gif chair.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

headbang.gif

There is something for everyone. smile.gif

Miles
ClayPerrine
Welcome Greg and Jean!!!

Glad you are here, and glad the 914 you got from Joe will be put back on the road soon. If you need anything, you know how to get in touch with me.

BTW...watch out for Miles. He is a bit screwy.gif
redshift
Get me out of here, Clayhead!

meares
glad you joined!
dakotaewing
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Another Local !!!!!

Greg and Jean, let me know if you need help - of course you've got one of the best pointing you in the right direction - (Clay)

Welcome-

Thom
rick 918-S
clap.gif wavey.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif happy11.gif
JWest
Congrats on the new project!
spare time toys
Great deal on the new to you project. For a powder coater I recomend Quality powder coaters at 1838 Forms Dr. In Carrolton. They did my cam towers in wrinkle red. wink.gif You can see a picture of one of them in the German8tor is on the block thread in the for sale section.
macpro
Hey thanks on the "Powder Coater" I'll call in able a week after I blast the wheels. i checked out the "German 8 tor...WOW! Great Car and specs. How many hour have you put into her? Where have you raced her? and why haven't you been out selling houses with the wife so you can keep her?

Just kidding! My other half is holding my efforts back until we have a few of the projects completed around the house. Like retiling 800 sq ft. of floor in the LR, DR, Kitchen...nearly done with the prep work.

Anyway, thanks again for the info...I'll send Pix when completed.

driving.gif
Allan
wavey.gif givemebeer.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (macpro @ Jun 13 2005, 07:23 PM)
How many hour have you put into her? Where have you raced her? and why haven't you been out selling houses with the wife so you can keep her?

I have put a ton of hours into it. It keeps me out of the kids hair biggrin.gif They do come out and help when they want something.
As for racing it so far it has never seen a track and counting the POs' its been an ongoing project since 72 wacko.gif
I try to help Barb sell stuff by staying home and watching the kids. I couldnt put up with some of the folks she has shown homes to. This last guy from Houston I would have kicked out of the car in downtown Dallas finger.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jun 13 2005, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (macpro @ Jun 13 2005, 07:23 PM)
How many hour have you put into her?  Where have you raced her? and why haven't you been out selling houses with the wife so you can keep her?

I have put a ton of hours into it. It keeps me out of the kids hair biggrin.gif They do come out and help when they want something.
As for racing it so far it has never seen a track and counting the POs' its been an ongoing project since 72 wacko.gif
I try to help Barb sell stuff by staying home and watching the kids. I couldnt put up with some of the folks she has shown homes to. This last guy from Houston I would have kicked out of the car in downtown Dallas finger.gif

If he was that bad you should have driven him down to South Oak Cliff and kicked him out!!! aktion035.gif

Larry, can you send me a mapquest link to the powdercoater? I am looking for a new one. The one I was using got bought out, and their prices went up and the quality went down.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.