Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aualexa1
My '73 914 has some tears in the seats. I'm going to order new seat covers and have them redone. On 914rubber, there are early and late seat covers. I'm not sure which is appropriate for my car. Does anyone know? TIA

Alex
mepstein
If your passenger seat is fixed, you have early. If it slides back and forth - late. 73’s are late.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Aualexa1 @ Jul 1 2018, 08:30 PM) *

My '73 914 has some tears in the seats. I'm going to order new seat covers and have them redone. On 914rubber, there are early and late seat covers. I'm not sure which is appropriate for my car. Does anyone know? TIA

Alex

Alex - look on their website to confirm the below info.

Early should be for the 70-71 MY with the fixed passenger seat, & late for the 72-76 with the moveable pa. seat.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Aualexa1
Thanks so much, guys!

Alex
dr914@autoatlanta.com
probably the fabric. The 73 is the late brickweave. This was used 72-74 and then changed to the basket weave

QUOTE(Aualexa1 @ Jul 2 2018, 09:35 AM) *

Thanks so much, guys!

Alex

JamesM
Woah, hold on...

If you are talking about early and late as it pertains to the material itself (as it appears to on the 914rubber site) it would appear as if they are referring to the difference between the basket weave and square weave patterns. If you are putting this in a 73 you are going to want basket weave which in that context would be "early" (pre-75)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
70 brick weave with smooth pebble vinyl bolsters and back pad non adjustable pass seal
71 naugahyde with naugahyde bolsters and back pad non adjustable pass seat
72-74 brick weave with smooth medium grain vinyl bolsters and back pad
75-76 basket weave with smooth light grain vinyl bolsters and back pad
JamesM
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 2 2018, 09:20 AM) *

70 brick weave with smooth pebble vinyl bolsters and back pad non adjustable pass seal
71 naugahyde with naugahyde bolsters and back pad non adjustable pass seat
72-74 brick weave with smooth medium grain vinyl bolsters and back pad
75-76 basket weave with smooth light grain vinyl bolsters and back pad

Whatever you want to call the weave, as far as 914 rubber is concerned the 73 weave pattern would be their "early"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.