Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Socal Members
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nacho
Hi All

Just wanted to see if there's any members that live in the area that want to hang out and work on 914's I'm located near Santa Fe Springs, Downey, Norwalk & Cerritos area to give you an idea of location. Looking to learn from members and help teach that I have learned over the last few years of working on these cars. I'm a decent welder with the majority of tools necessary to work on cars. Let me know if anyone is interested!
ValcoOscar
Hey Nacho-

I am minutes away near Rosecrans Ave / Beach Blvd (90621).

I'm working on a few 914 projects at the moment.

I'll PM you my contact info.

I learn something new everyday, but not according to my wife. av-943.gif

Oscar
Nacho
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 2 2018, 12:54 PM) *

Hey Nacho-

I am minutes away near Rosecrans Ave / Beach Blvd (90621).

I'm working on a few 914 projects at the moment.

I'll PM you my contact info.

I learn something new everyday, but not according to my wife. av-943.gif

Oscar

That is hilarious lol-2.gif and cool that you are so close!
mb911
That is so cool you can do this.. I have a few folks near me but kids are still at the age I can't get away to hang out and do community projects. I suppose once they are older. Our boys are 17,15,13 but the girls are 2 and 3 so that causes free time issues.
Nacho
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 2 2018, 01:23 PM) *

That is so cool you can do this.. I have a few folks near me but kids are still at the age I can't get away to hang out and do community projects. I suppose once they are older. Our boys are 17,15,13 but the girls are 2 and 3 so that causes free time issues.

I totally get it! I have a 9 year old Son and when possible works with me on the 914. He's more of the disassembly type worker right now but I remember when my dad would only allow me to hold or pass tools! LOL
euro911
I'm in the LAX South Bay, but up to my ass in alligators at the moment dry.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Nacho would you be interested in disassembling and reassembling head lights with me. My place one weekend I buy lunch and a drive through the canyon included.....Paul
bdstone914
[quote name='euro911' date='Jul 2 2018, 01:40 PM' post='2625479']

Click to view attachment

Mark, Those are dogs not alligators. LOL biggrin.gif
Nacho
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Jul 3 2018, 07:36 AM) *

Nacho would you be interested in disassembling and reassembling head lights with me. My place one weekend I buy lunch and a drive through the canyon included.....Paul

Is the car drivable? Mission Viejo is a bit far from where I'm located but anything is possible. If you can drive the car we can fix it in my garage? let me know? BTW why do you need to disassemble the headlights and reassemble? are the not opening and closing correctly?
Nacho
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Jul 3 2018, 08:26 AM' post='2625672']
[quote name='euro911' date='Jul 2 2018, 01:40 PM' post='2625479']

Click to view attachment

Mark, Those are dogs not alligators. LOL biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Ankle biters! lol just like baby gators lol-2.gif
campbellcj
LOL I'm in the same situation with house projects and family stuff consuming most weekends now. Years ago I would hear somewhat older guys saying they 'retired from racing' and whatnot due to this, and I scoffed it off thinking that would never be me. Damn, now it's for realz.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Nacho @ Jul 3 2018, 06:53 AM) *

QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Jul 3 2018, 07:36 AM) *

Is the car drivable? Mission Viejo is a bit far from where I'm located but anything is possible. If you can drive the car we can fix it in my garage? let me know? BTW why do you need to disassemble the headlights and reassemble? are the not opening and closing correctly?

Paul & Nacho-

Paul...bring to my home one Saturday morning and lets tackle this. I have the space and what's better than a little poke.gif poke.gif

Oscar

forrestkhaag
I have access to lifts and a machine shop and welding tables and welders, eqpt etc. Overnight projects become an issue to some extent but I am available on some of the difficult underbelly projects if needed / PM if interested / I am in Newport Beach area and the shop is in Costa Mesa.

beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jul 3 2018, 07:51 AM) *

I have access to lifts and a machine shop and welding tables and welders, eqpt etc. Overnight projects become an issue to some extent but I am available on some of the difficult underbelly projects if needed / PM if interested / I am in Newport Beach area and the shop is in Costa Mesa.

beerchug.gif

Great option Forrest...I forgot about Urban Work Shop.

Either way Paul...we got you covered.

Oscar
piratenanner.gif
amfab
I would come down too, but as Oscar has seen, Im a little over my head right now. Looking forward to eventually meeting up with some of youse guys

-Andrew
abes914
I am in the Long Beach area and willing to help out if I can. Although I am not a very talented wrencher, welder or mechanic. My time is also very limited (young kids) and my parts bin are very low. So I guess I am not a big help. blink.gif

Hey, I like to eat and drink! laugh.gif

Nacho
QUOTE(abes914 @ Jul 3 2018, 03:45 PM) *

I am in the Long Beach area and willing to help out if I can. Although I am not a very talented wrencher, welder or mechanic. My time is also very limited (young kids) and my parts bin are very low. So I guess I am not a big help. blink.gif

Hey, I like to eat and drink! laugh.gif

Hey it's also about meeting new people and hanging out! eventually i jut want to wax my 914 and look at it with friends and beer! beerchug.gif
SO.O.C914er
Thanks Nacho and Oscar. Yes my car is running and at local events weekly. Could meet at Oscar’s or my place ether way. This Saturday is out taking the father in law to lunch in Laguna but Sunday would work. driving.gif Paul
914_7T3
I would be interested in helping out too, although I have my own project going right now. Maybe we can join forces. There are enough projects for everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.