Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valuable/Historic 914 Part Find !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
We found this hidden in the attic space of a room we are renovating in our house blink.gif

This certainly has to be a very valuable/historic part with provenance due to the possible original owners' international notoriety, and surely has to be from the oldest 914 know to mankind !!!

... therefore, I am somewhat hesitant to post an asking price, and thinking ebay might be the appropriate place to post this gem

Click to view attachment

It appears to be an engine mount bar from a prehistoric 914 belonging to either Fred and Wilma Flintstone or Barney & Betty Rubble
bretth
Wow hand forged I bet. biggrin.gif

Edit: Didn't realize it was wood, predates the discovery of metal even.
AZBanks
You better hold on to it. Rare parts like that don't grow on trees you know.

Wood you take tree fiddy for it?

There must be more to it, a second part or something because to me it looks like it is knot hole.
mgp4591
WOW!! w00t.gif Unicorns DO exist!! lol-2.gif
914Sixer
Can't beat ONE OFF stuff! shades.gif
JOEPROPER
You must post a price. Rules are rules... smoke.gif
sb914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 3 2018, 08:23 PM) *

We found this hidden in the attic space of a room we are renovating in our house blink.gif

This certainly has to be a very valuable/historic part with provenance due to the possible original owners' international notoriety, and surely has to be from the oldest 914 know to mankind !!!

... therefore, I am somewhat hesitant to post an asking price, and thinking ebay might be the appropriate place to post this gem

Put down the bong down mark! smoke.gif poke.gif

Click to view attachment

It appears to be an engine mount bar from a prehistoric 914 belonging to either Fred and Wilma Flintstone or Barney & Betty Rubble

jdamiano
I’m only interested if you have the original box it came in. If you do I will pay big bucks.
Tom_T

Click to view attachment

Well I suppose that Fred (or Barney) were technically "THE mid-engine" - but I hesitate to image exactly how and where that engine bar would attach to the "engine"! blink.gif

We found this in the attic while renovating our 1921 home, but didn't realize it was a 914 part either. Perhaps a prototype transaxle mount? So any help with value, part number & I.D. will be greatly appreciated, before I list it on evilbay. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

In reality, that is the cast iron base to a 19210-20s clothing iron (my wife found a complete & non-rusty one online), & my guess on Mark's piece is a hand-made field-made support for an old black-iron gas pipe or G.I. water pipe.

Happy 4th! flag.gif
Tom
///////

PanelBilly

Click to view attachment

I need one of these but am afraid to ask the price
altitude411
I have the same one.... looking for the hard to find passenger side. Anyone?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.