Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping assitance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
I am trying to get a pair of 914 seats from Montana to So Cal. Anyone traveling this way to California this summer and going through Montana willing to take a large box with a pair of seats in them? IF not, I'll continue to look for an inexpensive shipping option. TIA
rhodyguy
Wardrobe box, uhaul, and you stack them in face to face. If the box is way tall cut the top off and slide it over the bottom section. $60 via FedEx? Maybe less.
drem914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 4 2018, 08:57 AM) *

Wardrobe box, uhaul, and you stack them in face to face. If the box is way tall cut the top off and slide it over the bottom section. $60 via FedEx? Maybe less.

Thats how i was planning to have it boxed, but fedex ground is over $200.

Looking for something much more reasonable.
branston
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jul 4 2018, 12:30 PM) *

Ship them Greyhound package, cheapest way for large items. Ships by Greyhound bus depot to depot, reliable service. Shipped a VW front clip Detroit to Savannah few weeks ago, less than $50, took two days.
I've shipped seats, floors and seats this way, don't even need to be boxed. I do wrap them in stretch film and tape.

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/e/pages/Home.aspx
drem914
QUOTE(branston @ Jul 4 2018, 10:24 AM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Jul 4 2018, 12:30 PM) *

Ship them Greyhound package, cheapest way for large items. Ships by Greyhound bus depot to depot, reliable service. Shipped a VW front clip Detroit to Savannah few weeks ago, less than $50, took two days.
I've shipped seats, floors and seats this way, don't even need to be boxed. I do wrap them in stretch film and tape.

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/e/pages/Home.aspx

Thanks that gets shipping down to around $90.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.