Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warped rotor or bad MC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic 914
Can a warped rotor ruin a master cylinder?

At Hershey back in April I noticed that my master cylinder was going bad. There were brakes when you hit it but if sitting at a light the pedal would slowly go to the floor. release and hit again and you have pedal. so I removed the master thinking maybe I bought one of the cheap MCs but there was the ATE cast into the side. replaced it with another ATE MC from PMB and all is good now.

BUT.... I did notice a pulsing when stopping and believe the drivers side rotor has a warp. these were new Sebro rotors about 3k miles ago.

And now I am wondering if the rotor could have caused the master to go bad?

BTW the front rotors are 911 vented rotors with A calipers and the MC is a 19mm

What would cause new rotors to warp? I did an abbreviated PMB pad bedding procedure but ran out of road.
flmont
I would say,..No
tazz9924
It wont, not saying it cant because im not wise enough to have seen everything but I definitely haven’t seen that.
Did u have a very spirited driving session? One spirited enough to overheat and warp the rotors. Other than that the could be installed a bit wonky, maybe take it apart look for dust dirt, and dead things behind the rotor. It is possible to get a bad rotor but unlikely.
UROpartsman
Stop-Tech has a great article about this sort of thing: The "Warped" Brake Disc and Other Myths of the Braking System
mgp4591
A warped rotor or two, even four, won't ruin a m/c. If you replaced the rotors without replacing the pads because they were still good, the glazed pads can cause excessive heat and warp the rotors. Another issue is if the caliper is sticking... again, more heat generated thus warping the rotors. Have you jacked up the car to see if one of the wheels isn't spinning freely?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.