Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picture upload directions for an electronics idiot such as myself
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
How does everyone get their pictures to upload with the correct orientation? My phone use to post them correctly but now if you look at my build thread as of recently they post all different and some upside down..

Help please? I use an LG g6 if that matters?
Rand
First thing is to hold your phone right side up when you are taking pictures. Usually that means with the lens on the top side. Hold your phone upside down, your photo is upside down.

After the fact, you have to use software to rotate.
mb911
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 6 2018, 01:36 PM) *

First thing is to hold your phone right side up when you are taking pictures. Usually that means with the lens on the top side. Hold your phone upside down, your photo is upside down.

After the fact, you have to use software to rotate.

Strange because today I did that and then posted it and it was rotated 90 degrees.. Hmm
oakdalecurtis
I always go to the quick photo edit program and rotate the picture 360 degrees one time before uploading, honest. I don’t know why it works, but the photo always uploads in the correct orientation after that manuever. beerchug.gif
raynekat
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jul 6 2018, 02:48 PM) *

I always go to the quick photo edit program and rotate the picture 360 degrees one time before uploading, honest. I don’t know why it works, but the photo always uploads in the correct orientation after that manuever. beerchug.gif

I do the exact same thing with every pic that I download into this forum.
After I've done the 360 rotation, I save the pic then bring it in.
Always works for me to do it this way.
mb911
Quick edit is that an app?
mb911
Well let me give this a try.. Found what I think you are all talking about.. Click to view attachment
mb911
Yup works thank you so much everyone..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.