Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Hot is really HOT ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toolguy
In El Cajon, 15 mile from the coast of San Diego. .
and this was in the shade on my patio. . new record/

50 degrees up from last nights low
Maltese Falcon
On Cajon Summit 15N earlier today, what's left of an overheated truck which was carrying a load of tires. It incinerated itself...then ignited a brush fire into the canyon below Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
...complete with low flying aircraft (2 of them) dropping fire retardant on the blazeClick to view attachment
TravisNeff
It was 116F today in PHX. Just the right temp to hide under the car and drill out a bunch of spot welds on the floor, ugh.
Tom_T
Well Dave,

The Verizon phons said 117 today in Orange (Central OC), but my front porch & the BMW's thermometer only got to 109, which is what I saw on the news.

My guess is that the station which Verizon uses is in the sun, cuz it's always a bit higher than at the house.

Either way, anything over 100 it's "fry your eyeball" hot! blink.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Ed_Turbo
It’s so hot I saw a fire hydrant chase a dog.

-Ed
oakdalecurtis
It was so hot that my car was overheating before I started it!
Ed_Turbo
It’s so hot Mormons started telemarketing.

-Ed
bandjoey
Don’t forget it’s dry heat. Try 107 in Texas with 89% humidity. (Did I just start a temperature war?)
914_teener
It was 107 in Glendora at 9 PM.

The outside temp gauge on the car through

Pasadena said 122.
Maltese Falcon
We need Ed McMahon and Johnny Carson right about now;
"Just how HOT is it today in Burbank, Ed ? "
sithot
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jul 7 2018, 01:25 AM) *

We need Ed McMahon and Johnny Carson right about now;
"Just how HOT is it today in Burbank, Ed ? "

61º here this morning @ 2,100 above sea level in the Blue Ridge Mountains. biggrin.gif
sb914
Click to view attachment
111 on the shore! REALLY
Mark Henry
And you guys like to rag on us northern folk, I'll take winter over blisstering heat like that anyday. stirthepot.gif
What's the difference of being shut indoors because of the need for heat or AC? confused24.gif

Sure some days suck, but for the most part I like the change of seasons we have.
mb911
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 7 2018, 05:03 AM) *

And you guys like to rag on us northern folk, I'll take winter over blisstering heat like that anyday. stirthepot.gif
What's the difference of being shut indoors because of the need for heat or AC? confused24.gif

Sure some days suck, but for the most part I like the change of seasons we have.

agree.gif

It was hot here last week about 97 or so but today only 75
rhodyguy
A blistering 74* here today. wink.gif Heat wave into the mid 80s next week. sad.gif I start the deck prep for refinishing this am.
914Sixer
We set a record in West Texas for June. We had 22 days of 100 plus heat. Down in the upper 90's this week.
rhodyguy
3/4" precip may-June. New record low total for those 2 months. Most of that 3/4" fell the weekend we were in Newberg.
Porschef
Well, its 75° here and I just got back from returning over $14 in empties. Opened both trunks, and had some guy ask, "Where's the engine?" I told him, it runs on beer...

lol-2.gif

Never gets old...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 6 2018, 09:42 PM) *

Don’t forget it’s dry heat. Try 107 in Texas with 89% humidity. (Did I just start a temperature war?)

I think you won icon8.gif
Ed_Turbo
It is so hot Optimus Prime transformed into an air conditioner.

-Ed
SO.O.C914er
It’s so hot! I drove the 914 into work yesterday with the top off and it was fine early in the morning. But driving home at 4pm I almost burnt my lips off doing 60 through the hot air lol-2.gif av-943.gif this will pass and we will have a great So Cal summer.
ClayPerrine
Finally!!!

You guys in SoCal got a taste of a typical North Texas summer. But you are only getting it for a week. We get it from May through September.

Now you understand why we fix the AC in the 914s instead of removing it. Third degree basket weave burns on the back of the legs ruin your whole summer......

Also why external oil coolers are a necessity.
Dave_Darling
I remember the 90F+ 90%+ humidity for a month or more on end that we used to get in downstate IL.

Don't miss it at all.

Clay, you can keep the N TX weather. The cost of living may be absurd around where I live, but at least we don't have to deal with that. (Though we have had tornadoes here in the time that I've lived here!)

--DD
TheCabinetmaker
The heat and humidity has been in mid to upper 90s here since April. We had no spring. Went from winter to summer in one week. Heat index is around 109. Not going away any time soon.
AZBanks
You never have to shovel heat.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Jul 7 2018, 06:58 PM) *

agree.gif piratenanner.gif

And I don't have to put my 914 in the garage during the winter either. driving.gif driving-girl.gif
VegasRacer

This was a couple of years ago coming home from a WCC event. One AM in Barstow California. bs.gif

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Jul 7 2018, 07:58 PM) *

I find my shovel quite a bit of fun biggrin.gif
Takes me 20 minutes to shovel 12K sq/ft plus 300' of driveway.

IPB Image
whitetwinturbo
97 degrees in Newport Beach w00t.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 8 2018, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(AZBanks @ Jul 7 2018, 07:58 PM) *

I find my shovel quite a bit of fun biggrin.gif
Takes me 20 minutes to shovel 12K sq/ft plus 300' of driveway.

IPB Image

Click to view attachment
oakdalecurtis
Click to view attachment
bandjoey
Ft. Worth. 4:30
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 18 2018, 04:25 PM) *

Ft. Worth. 4:30

Officially it was 105 yesterday. I was out working in the garage from 7am to 1pm. Not a problem for me.

bandjoey
You’re young and tough. On the concrete freeway it was cooking b
TheCabinetmaker
Last week was 90 with 77% humidity. I almost died. Today is 101 and 41%. Piece of cake. Hot, but didnt lose a gallon of fluid in on one hour
bbrock
It's so hot here that today I went outside at lunch wearing shorts and NO JACKET.
rhodyguy
biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
Texas HOT!
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.