Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior reupholstered
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9144me2enjoy
I was just wondering where are you guys/girls going to get a good quality material for reupholstering your seats and getting it installed reasonably on the West coast. Due to prices I’ve found on Ebay and 914 Rubber, Auto Atlanta, World Upholstery, Auto International etc. I’m kinda forced to stick to using the original style vinyl vs leather fabric. Also Carpet kits etc., along with repalcement dashes or covers? Thanks driving.gif
Mikey914
Swing by the shop I'll give you the tour of all we have. I can tell you it's not all listed on the website yet.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
send your seats to Autos International, they will do spectacular work, call Augustine and say I suggested that you call him. He did Brutus the 916 and many other spectacular concours entries for us

QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 6 2018, 10:33 PM) *

I was just wondering where are you guys/girls going to get a good quality material for reupholstering your seats and getting it installed reasonably on the West coast. Due to prices I’ve found on Ebay and 914 Rubber, Auto Atlanta, World Upholstery, Auto International etc. I’m kinda forced to stick to using the original style vinyl vs leather fabric. Also Carpet kits etc., along with repalcement dashes or covers? Thanks driving.gif
9144me2enjoy
Sounds good, thanks!
Tom_T
You might also want to look at Lakewell.com in Euro for the 914 upholstery kits & 914 carpet kits. Their carpet sets are better than most of the others, except those with a good quality German (Domestic is less costly, but won't last as long - maybe 1-2 years on most Domestic carpet).

Fortunately for you, Black is the easiest interior to source material/carpet for a redo.

You can also look at a quality local upholstery shop & supply either the kit or materials for them to do it for you, if AI or others are too pricey.

The good leatherette vinyl is more durable in most cases than the leather, & IIRC you couldn't get leather even as an upgrade on a 73 914-2.0 anyway - so don't feel left out.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Our seat, back pad door panel, and carpet kits are at least as good as any but I would say better, as we use factory material and cut from original factory templates for perfect fit. The problem is the installation, if not a quality guy, then not a quality job

Autos International has quality materials and quality guys to install so do the best job, especially if you are in California. Porsche is all they do so they know how to do it right. These cars are becoming much too valuable these days to compromise quality

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 7 2018, 11:26 AM) *

You might also want to look at Lakewell.com in Euro for the 914 upholstery kits & 914 carpet kits. Their carpet sets are better than most of the others, except those with a good quality German (Domestic is less costly, but won't last as long - maybe 1-2 years on most Domestic carpet).

Fortunately for you, Black is the easiest interior to source material/carpet for a redo.

You can also look at a quality local upholstery shop & supply either the kit or materials for them to do it for you, if AI or others are too pricey.

The good leatherette vinyl is more durable in most cases than the leather, & IIRC you couldn't get leather even as an upgrade on a 73 914-2.0 anyway - so don't feel left out.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Coondog
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 7 2018, 07:17 AM) *

Swing by the shop I'll give you the tour of all we have. I can tell you it's not all listed on the website yet.

Plus no sales tax in Oregon.... smilie_pokal.gif
sholman5
You get what you pay for. I purchased a German loop carpet kit from 914 rubber and am very pleased with it. Just remember if you finally decide on a carpet kit check to see if you have an ebrake stop. Mine does not and had to return one section because it had the cut out for it. They exchanged.I am also looking at scottish tartan plaid material for my inserts.
ConeDodger
You have a unique opportunity. I’d take Mark up on his offer. My interior is entirely 914rubber.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.