Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Newest POC Cup Racer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
Well, this is hard to post after coming home from the track and reading about Easton and Brad. But, it's a big deal to me, I passed my final Racers Clinic this weekend and did my first POC Cup Race in the Orange Group (Gruppe Orange is what they like to be called). Started at the back of the pack with a big red dot on my rear window, didn't do anything heroic because I'm on probation for four races, but had a lot of fun. It took three years to get this far and I'm glad it's over. It's kind of like a new chapter in my racing book. Well thanks for listening, sorry to read about Easton and Brad both.
seanery
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif driving.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Jeroen
Congrats!!! clap.gif smilie_pokal.gif
brant
congrats... that is really great!

brant
SirAndy
schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

driving.gif Andy <- who wants to get started with this sooo bad ...
9146R
Drew,

That is just great ! Maybe you can keep a "log" for us of your events and how your car (and you) performed, what suspension tweeks you performed and how they helped or hindered. I for one would enjoy following your progress on the POC program. Thanks for sharing and good luck.
grantsfo
Thats great! Congrats!
GWN7
beerchug.gif
drew365
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jun 13 2005, 08:52 AM)
schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

driving.gif Andy <- who wants to get started with this sooo bad ...

PCA or PRC would be best to try in your area. Join one of them and find out what it takes to get started. Once you do life will be a progression of new schlicks ( or Hoosier R's if you're cheap like me). Maybe we can race together at Laguna someday.
You'll have to let me drive your car. ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
Mueller
smilie_pokal.gif

why 3 years???

can it be done sooner if time/money allows???

TimT
PCA requires 7 DEs (i think) and a letter from the chief instructor in your region, then you file your paperwork and get a phone interview from someone in PCA national

then you have to attend rookie school... (your first race)

then complete 4 races without an incident to get your full liscence

the rookie X comes off after two races
Trekkor
Great news. Keep us posted, please.

KT
drew365
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 13 2005, 05:57 PM)
smilie_pokal.gif

why 3 years???

can it be done sooner if time/money allows???

Yea, my friend did it in about a year and a half, I just wasn't pushing it, but I got the bug real bad after I did the first Racers Clinic and was determined to get signed off at this one.
The POC has one of the most stringent programs. You need a Short Track license at the Streets of Willow, which takes four events with an instructor and one school. You than can move up to a Time Trial License which takes another four events with an instructor on the big tracks. After completing six Time Trial events you can apply to participate in a Racers Clinic. They hold the clinics every six months and you have to complete two clinics. If your car breaks or you have any incident during the clinic your out and have to apply for the next one. Each clinic is a two day affair with half the time spent in a classroom and half doing practice exercises on track. It's a real pain to go through but a POC license is fairly well regarded because they don't hand them out easily.
nine14cats
smilie_pokal.gif Congratulations Andy!

Someday maybe I'll get to do what you have accomplished!

Bill P.
morgan
COOOOL!!!!
Hope you come to Road America over labor day

JM
campbellcj
Congrats Andy, that's very cool! clap.gif
Duffster
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif aktion035.gif All I need is 47 years of practice and a rocket-proof tranny. Congratulations!!!
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif Congrates Andy! It's a long road to a Cup Racing License with the POC, but well worth it. The POC has an excellent program. It seemed like it took forever for me as well. I look forward to seeing you at the track with your teener. I enjoyed meeting you at the WCC05.

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.