Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door latch strikers...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Luke M
I need to replace my rusted out doors on my 6.
I mounted what I believe is a late (75) door which went on no problem.
I was looking through my parts to locate a striker for the late door and came across three different types. One is the early style for sure the two others I'm not sure about. I looked it up in my Restore's guide book but only see two out of the three.
Part #'s are the same but one has the letter E other F.
Any one here know which is which ?
One has a straight stop the other a with a few bends in it.

TIA..
914Sixer
All the VW numbers stayed the same. They letter denotes the version. One in the first picture is the late 73-76. Second one looks like the middle version. Early version has no side piece. They should be clear (silver) zinc.
Luke M
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 7 2018, 08:12 PM) *

All the VW numbers stayed the same. They letter denotes the version. One in the first picture is the late 73-76. Second one looks like the middle version. Early version has no side piece. They should be clear (silver) zinc.

I know what the early strikers look like. I'm replacing my early rusted out, beyond repair doors with a set of later doors that I have on hand. I need to figure out which later version of strikers to use with the doors. The doors that I have came off a 75 parts car. I have both sets of late/mid year strikers on hand. I had a bunch of stuff cad plated and these where in the pile. I know it's not the correct plating. I'm working on getting a correct set from Bruce. I just need to figure out which ones first.
914Sixer
Use the later one with the curve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.