Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: does anyone still sell the "turbo" mirror
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
So My street car has been sitting for 9 months. It has a blown motor and a blown tranny.

Unfortunately its in a rickety shed and a wind storm blew out one of the roof supports and smashed the fender in.

so this weekend I rolled it out and hosed the dust off.
hopefully in the next few weeks I'll start the body/motor/and tranny work. Thanks to SLITS I have a tranny to build off of, and I picked up a used engine with supposedly good compression...

But let me get to the point of the post.
when I rolled it out this weekend, I found that the wind damage had also broken both of the mirrors on the car.

I had the "turbo" style mirrors that I had put on it around 1985. I think the company used to make toronados, baby turbos and full sized turbos.

because the mounting holes are already there.
does anyone know if they still sell this type of mirror?

I checked my tweeks catalogue without any luck
is there a good online VW store?
I'll look on pelican later today too.

thanks all!

brant
jgara962
The company that produces them is called Vitaloni. I've been looking for a passenger side "baby tornado". Doing a search came up with nothing, but they do occasionally show up on e-bay. I'll be interested too to see if anyone has a source for these mirrors.
Tony
confused24.gif What I read was that the plant making the mirrors burn down and they never recover. So no new mirrors, You'll have to find good use ones.
brant
good to know John and Tony.

So from your experience who makes/sells aftermarket style mirrors?

I don't mind changing style, but I would love to find something with a similar mount so that it will cover up the mounting holes I already have.

anyone have a mounting pic of a 911 style mirror?
maybe I should convert if that will cover up my holes...

brant
MarkG
They arn't cheal anymore.....

http://www.talbotco.com/talbot_mirror.htm
JWest
Try this: cheap mirrors
brant
James

THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU.....
!!!!!

perfectly within my budget!

Marg.. those are neat, but do not go with my 1980's miami vice theme at all!

brant
URY914
I've got one from this POS parts car. Let me look at it tonight and get back to you.

Paul wink.gif

brant
I'll take it paul if you find it..
let me know where to send the $$$$

brant
MarkG
Thanks James...that's the price we sold them for 16 years ago when I was in the parts business!!
Porsche Rescue
Is this a "turbo"? It says Vitaloni on it. I have a left and right with mounting brackets and seals.
brant
Jim,

I think that set was called the toronado (made by vitaloni)
I'll take a picture of the turbo tonight and add it to this thread.

brant
skline
Vitaloni went out of business over a year ago. There is a guy on Ebay that sells them still and must have stock piled a lot of them. He tries to sell them for like $125.00 a pair and up. Different colors too. I have a box of them in my garage, of course. I like them personally. Just gave one to another club member who was missing one. The Empi is made to look like it but at a lot less money. James posted the link for them.
URY914
brant,

Here is what I have. It has the following on the backside of the stem just above the base.

vitaloni III e3 32642

The mounting bolts are 3 3/4" center to center.

This first picture is after I cleaned it up. The others are befor I cleaned it up.

URY914
before cleaning

URY914
You can't tell by the pic above but the glass and mirror is good. No haze or cracks.
URY914
It has a cast aluminum base that has a few chips in the paint. NBD
URY914
last.
PM me if you like it.
brant
Thanks a ton Paul for taking the time to dig through your stash... take pictures... post them.. Everything..

Unfortuanately that doesn't match the type I had/have
I think I'll buy a cheap pair from James link of the baby style.

Here is the normal turbo style. I think they are close to the "baby's", just slightly larger:
brant
other side:
URY914
No problem.

So does anyone else need a mirror? Cheap!

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.