Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where do these plug ins plug into on a 1974 914 F.I.?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9144me2enjoy
1973 914 2.0L 4cyl F.I> I’ve a few wires I’m having problems locating there whereabouts where they reattach, any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Photo #1 attached
9144me2enjoy
Photo #2 unsure.gif
9144me2enjoy
Photo #3 unsure.gif
9144me2enjoy
Photo #4 unsure.gif
9144me2enjoy
Here’s some overall pics of the engine compartment if it helps put the other pics in perspective! Just for your info., I do have another inline fuel filter before the fuel pump. Thanks.
9144me2enjoy
Extra pics
9144me2enjoy
Extra pics
9144me2enjoy
Extra aerial pics
era vulgaris
Photo #1 looks like one of the electrical plugs for a fuel injector maybe. At least that's what I remember the rubber boots looking like. Which, btw, it looks like you have the yellow injectors from a 1.7. A 2.0 should have green injectors.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
trigger points on the side of the distributor

QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 9 2018, 08:26 AM) *

1973 914 2.0L 4cyl F.I> I’ve a few wires I’m having problems locating there whereabouts where they reattach, any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Photo #1 attached

dr914@autoatlanta.com
aux air valve, plugs into the white wire in the ignition harness in a later picture.
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 9 2018, 08:28 AM) *

Photo #2 unsure.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
red wire from earlier picture aux air valve plugs in here

QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 9 2018, 08:35 AM) *

Photo #4 unsure.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
what a mess, looks like someone bypassed the relay board for the yellow starter solenoid wire

QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 9 2018, 08:41 AM) *

Extra pics

9144me2enjoy
Good eye on the color of injectors, I didn’t pick up on that, obviously sometime in its history someone has replaced the 2.0L green injectors with the 1.7 yellow Injectors. That cain’t help its runability performance any! Probably not a good thing! From what Ive read the 1.7L injectors will work but lack the fuel size opening as the green 2.0L injectors had which would hurt the performance of the 2.0L capabilities. I have attached a picture of the injectors wire harnesses, I think those are correct.
9144me2enjoy
The wire that went to the tripper points on the distributor, I never would of found that one! Thanks
9144me2enjoy
Red wire/clear wire outer plastic plugged into female coupling as you stated!
9144me2enjoy
The yellow starter solenoid wire you mentioned that was bypassed on the relay board, not sure what that was all about, possibly a bad pin connection?
9144me2enjoy
Not sure why someone would splice into the yellow starter solenoid wire we mentioned earlier with a brown wire that runs back over to the item below the carb as pictured?
9144me2enjoy
Yellow/brown splice. George again thanks for all your help. We’re getting there, thanks to you!
Jazzy
Does it run? Or is it too soon to ask?
9144me2enjoy
Good question but I had to walk away (run) from it to go to the dentist, will try to start tomorrow! driving.gif
9144me2enjoy
Sorry I’ve been busy on another project. I reset the timing and replaced the injectors with some new 2.0L ones and it runs like a dream! God its a great feeling when things come together. Just going through cleaning up things and replacing all hoses etc. Thanks for all your help, couldn’t of done it without you. Now just have to complete the restoration but its coming together! Great Forum driving.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 9 2018, 09:48 AM) *

Not sure why someone would splice into the yellow starter solenoid wire we mentioned earlier with a brown wire that runs back over to the item below the carb as pictured?

Note that there is no carb on this car, the object above is the throttle body. The thing you are pointing at is the Cold Start Valve, and it is tied into the starter circuit by design. The idea is that it adds some extra fuel into the manifold while the car is starting, but only when it is cold enough. (Near freezing, I believe.) It opens when it gets power on one wire and ground on the other; the power is provided by the starter circuit and the ground is provided by the Termo-Time Switch, which is only closed when it is quite cold.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 21 2018, 11:10 AM) *
Note that there is no carb on this car, the object above is the throttle body.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.