stevend914
Click to view attachment
stevend914
Click to view attachment
stevend914
Click to view attachment

...whooops...well it does have a 9 & 4
SKL1
Just back from the concours as well- the humidity was a killer. Kind of disappointed in the overall turnout but I haven't been to a Parade since Keystone in '09.
Some nice cars but didn't seem like a great turnout- no family members that I've seen yet though Peter Schutz widow is here doing a book signing. Was nice to see her as I got a signed business card from her husband when here for the '83 Parade!
I'll bet Parade has a LOT more competition now with Rennsport, etc.
Porsche brought a mock-up Mission E (with no interior etc) that looks neat in person, but the real one won't have the suicide doors, etc.
GeorgeRud
Our first Parade was in Lake of the Ozarks back in the early 80s and the heat and humidity were killers back then as well. Glad to see that it looks like a sunny day at least. Have a great time!
914-300Hemi
Thanks for the photos. We went last year and had fun. Hope you start having fun soon.
billh1963
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jul 9 2018, 03:50 PM) *

Just back from the concours as well- the humidity was a killer. Kind of disappointed in the overall turnout but I haven't been to a Parade since Keystone in '09.

I think location has a lot to do with it. The Parade I attended in Vermont (2016) was packed. Of course, there are a lot of Porsche's in the NE so I'm sure that helps. The weather was nice, too. In fact, I had to wear a jacket one day.
pete000
I hate the window number Parade makes you put on your car when entered. They always look like cheap hardware store mail box numbers.

Yuck ruins all the photos of some of the nicest Porsches in the country.
stevend914
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jul 9 2018, 02:18 PM) *

Don't know why, but this one was DQ'd - might not have been present when the judges showed up?
Larmo63
I was wondering what was/is up with those numbers too.

They really look ug-sauce.
stevend914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jul 10 2018, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jul 9 2018, 03:50 PM) *

I think location has a lot to do with it. The Parade I attended in Vermont (2016) was packed. Of course, there are a lot of Porsche's in the NE so I'm sure that helps. The weather was nice, too. In fact, I had to wear a jacket one day.

There are 1021 registered entrants for 2018, which is the number of cars entered.
akellym
We had a great time at Parade... the heat and humidity sucked but the people and cars there made up for it. We came real close to a perfect score this year:) Click to view attachment
akellym
Click to view attachment
akellym
Click to view attachment
akellym
Click to view attachment
Mike Fitton
I was right behind Kelly in my '71 Targa, also took first in my class. We were both dying in the heat getting out of our cars waiting to get to the podium. The blue 6 was DQ'd because it was entered in the Preservation (original) class and it was far from original, the judges walked him over to the silver 6 to show him an original car. The silver 6 is from my area and it is an original 1 owner car. My 914-6 was picked up last Monday and is on its way to California.
Ferg
Nice work Kelly! pray.gif and Mike! aktion035.gif
johnhora
Congratulations Kelly...fantastic score on your beautiful 914!
akellym
We just got home! We drove to Katy TX to visit friends after Parade... not the best place to drive a non AC car.Click to view attachment
billh1963
QUOTE(akellym @ Jul 15 2018, 10:48 PM) *

We just got home! We drove to Katy TX to visit friends after Parade... not the best place to drive a non AC car.

Beautiful car and congratulations on the win smilie_pokal.gif

I do have a question......

I thought concours points was all about originality? Has that changed? I don't show cars so I have no idea what it takes to win a PCA concours.

akellym
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jul 16 2018, 04:48 AM) *

We just got home! We drove to Katy TX to visit friends after Parade... not the best place to drive a non AC car.

I thought concours points was all about originality? Has that changed? I don't show cars so I have no idea what it takes to win a PCA concours.

There are many different class that you can enter, we always enter Preparation
Class PP02S. We get judge on exterior and interior, no trunks or engine.
billh1963
QUOTE(akellym @ Jul 16 2018, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jul 16 2018, 04:48 AM) *

There are many different class that you can enter, we always enter Preparation
Class PP02S. We get judge on exterior and interior, no trunks or engine.

Oh...I didn't know that. On Television they show the judges checking for proper screw types, upholstery patterns, etc. I assumed all concours were that type.

Thank you for the education and congratulations, once again, on your win!
SKL1
Lots more classes now- I remember when I had my '71 in the concours at the '76 Parade in MN. It was really clean but I'd done a lot of little "improvements" and they killed me on originality... had things like euro lenses, no warts, etc. and different wheels.

I saw your car and it really looked nice but the painted wheels, Monza exhaust etc would have killed back then. I heard they DQ'ed the adriatic blue 914-6 because of non-original stuff - wheels, seats etc. He must have been in the wrong class.

We took our '97 turquoise 993 but ended up not putting it in the concours because it has non-original wheels, seats etc. Also the 99%humidity and heat on Sunday didn't make cleaning sound that inviting. When I saw the turnout, I wish we had entered. We could have won something!
akellym
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jul 16 2018, 08:45 PM) *

Lots more classes now- I remember when I had my '71 in the concours at the '76 Parade in MN. It was really clean but I'd done a lot of little "improvements" and they killed me on originality... had things like euro lenses, no warts, etc. and different wheels.

I saw your car and it really looked nice but the painted wheels, Monza exhaust etc would have killed back then. I heard they DQ'ed the adriatic blue 914-6 because of non-original stuff - wheels, seats etc. He must have been in the wrong class.

We took our '97 turquoise 993 but ended up not putting it in the concours because it has non-original wheels, seats etc. Also the 99%humidity and heat on Sunday didn't make cleaning sound that inviting. When I saw the turnout, I wish we had entered. We could have won something!

I'm not 100% sure but someone told us that that 6 was got the DQ because it was not original...

We would get killed if we were judge for original. My understanding is as long as the changes you make are Porsche then you won't get docked any points. So our paint is Porsche it's just not original to the 914 and so on...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.