Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VW Transporter T1 in fire brigade livery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thieuster
I spent last week in Warnemünde (near Rostock in the very NE of Germany) where my son attended the International Warnemünde Sailing week. That gave me ample time to explore the town.

The town is really nice and houses a fire brigade museum. In front of the museum a Transporter T1 with a ladder!

The car is totally original. The factory's grey paint is still visible inside. According to the dial and the museum's volunteer, the car has only done 22k in its life and is still running 'as a clock'

Not the way the blue lights on top are attached to the car: the pedestals are made of wood!

On the last pic the words Meyer Hagen. A quick search showed that the Meyer company in the town of Hagen built this car. Even today, Meyer is known for its fire brigade conversions of 'normal' cars.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
porschetub
Thought they were type 2,there are working examples in the USA,no way I would go up that high on the ladder.
Mark Henry
agree.gif

All bus, pick up, double cab, westy are type 2, they had a type 1 (variant) engine till 71, but the bus itself is a T2.
Unobtanium-inc
Could of used it to get a 904 out of a window...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.