Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drove 100 miles to meet JP and watch him auto-x
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
So I finally meet JP this weekend...my wife thought I was crazy wanting to drive all that way just to watch someone else drive thier car wacko.gif

I told her that JP was my very first customer and it meant a lot to me to meet him in person, he spent a lot of money on an item from a total stranger and was the 1st person to "test" out the parts, I didn't even have the bearings on my own personal car at the time

Well, here is the JP and his son on the starting grid...JP is the fellow standing next to his car....
Mueller
finally got to meet Steve with his vette kicking 4 banger...nice guy, so is his wife, who drives the car as well smilie_pokal.gif

I'm loving these flares, wish I had known about them years ago, I would have gone that route for sure.....

Mueller
meet EJ (?) and his wife as well...(she drives this fine looking car also...gotta love it )

Mueller
duane was there in his nice looking 914....poor guy cannot decide whether to stick with a /4 or build a nice small /6...it's not my money, I vote for the /6 biggrin.gif

helluva a nice guy and f'n smart
Mueller
Meet Rob (aka Rotten Robby), another smart and nice guy....here he is talking to Martin Baker sitting in his new to him red '74....poor Martin had been up for almost 24hours...he just got off work a few hours before the auto-x..talk about a trooper....

Mueller
no idea who owned this white 914???
Mueller
another club member, Dan from Modesto in his 951....

Mueller
someone asked about some of the other cars running??

this Camero was pretty intimidating....had a 4" exhaust pipe running out the passanger door smash.gif

Mueller
1st time i've seen an impala SS at an auto-x....huge car, did pretty well..it should with those huge steamroller tires
Mueller
modern LT1(?) in this really clean Camero
Mueller
another picture of the Camero
Steve_7x
Mueller,

It was great to meet you in person, though in all the activities going on with Grid we didn't get more time to talk. I am glad you were able to make it out and visit with us here in Sac. smilie_pokal.gif

Steve

P.S.: nice pics too ;-)
eg914
The white 914 with the dirty windshield is mine. It has been my daily driver for about 1.5 yrs now. I live in Elk Grove, so it was a short trip to watch the festivities. I must say, it is very inspirational to see 914's holding their own with newer cars. Guess I'll have to try autocrossing as soon as I replace the single carb with FI.
J P Stein
Too bad there was no pic of the late RX7 with what my son thought was a late hemi
stuffed in. I only got a glance & thought it was a SBC. I looked after hearing it idle...."that's no rotory". The motor fit nicely.
nocones
Yep that's EJ Fontains car. Very fast machine and he and his wife are both very talented drivers.
They were my competition in AP then FP with my 240Z.
Sorry to have missed the event. Mather is probably the best AX site in N. California.
The drivers and cars it attracts are usually really fast. Good times. burnout.gif
J P Stein
It really is a top notch venue. The layout was cool. One particular spot stood out.
A long LH sweeper bout 50 mph jogged imediately into a 25 mph hard right.....somewhere in about 30-40 feet (none of it straight) you had to loose 25 mph
On my best lap I did a tank slapper thru it.....the 2nd slap got ya pointed the right direction w00t.gif Gud thing the shitbox knew what to do. I was playing catch-up till I saw the right hole biggrin.gif
Downunderman
JP

You will have to come up with a better camera mount than the plywood. It really lets the side down.

How
J P Stein
QUOTE (Howard R @ Jun 13 2005, 12:21 PM)
JP

You will have to come up with a better camera mount than the plywood. It really lets the side down.

How

Hay, I pride myself on Mueller style solutions....cept I work in wood. biggrin.gif
I gotta get this vid switched over to jpeg and posted somehow. It'll prolly have to wait till I get home.
Jeroen
I guess JP got really tired of AX-ing in the rain and moved to CA laugh.gif
drew365
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jun 13 2005, 05:50 PM)
I guess JP got really tired of AX-ing in the rain and moved to CA laugh.gif

Sunshine, porta-potties and an empty parking lot. I think JP found heaven. Is this a recurring event in Sacramento?
J P Stein
You mean people actually live here?......I thought folks were just passin' thru.
I came to get aclimatized.....JIC summer ever gets to the NW biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.