Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 door vent glass install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roland914
Hello All, restoring my 1974 914 2.0 in Sunflower yellow, stripped car down for the body shop for the repaint. Starting to put it all together now that it back from the body shop, my issue is getting the door vent glass back in using 914 Rubber vent glass rubber. Tried different ways to no success, in getting the glass in position, especially that little metal tab that gets bolted into the front of the door securing the glass and squeezing the rubber into the slot. Was wondering if anybody else had any better way or steps on getting this vent glass in position. Thanks for any input....
914Sixer
I start by putting in the bottom half of the rubber leaving the corner and the upper portion loose. Now take the front part of the glass and tuck it in the front corner. Start pushing it down working toward the rail. Work the corner in and the upright should pop in
cary
If you can't get it with Mark's step by step.
Try emailing Matty900 (914 Rubber), he shot a how to video in my shop some time this spring.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(cary @ Jul 12 2018, 11:00 AM) *

Here's the link: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=Triangle window seal B.B&st=0
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 12 2018, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(cary @ Jul 12 2018, 11:00 AM) *

Here's the link: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=Triangle window seal B.B&st=0

Super!! going to be doing this very soon as well, so great timing.

Phil
jmitro
that's a nice writeup.
for me it was a pain getting the vent window in with new rubber. But I finally massaged it into place
Mikey914
WE have the Group Buy for the caps that I'll be emailing out tonight, we can ship in the morning biggrin.gif !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.