Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Difference between a FJ67 and FJ6 Injector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9144me2enjoy
I have a 1973-914 with a 2.0L Fuel Injection. I’m in the process of replacing my Fuel Injectors. It appears the injector recommended is a FJ67 (Green). I found others advertising a injector FJ6 (Green) as a direct replacement at a much lower price. What’s the difference between the two injectors besides price? Thanks.
ctc911ctc
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 13 2018, 06:57 AM) *

I have a 1973-914 with a 2.0L Fuel Injection. I’m in the process of replacing my Fuel Injectors. It appears the injector recommended is a FJ67 (Green). I found others advertising a injector FJ6 (Green) as a direct replacement at a much lower price. What’s the difference between the two injectors besides price? Thanks.

I have the same question, the difference in price is +100 per injector, any ideas out there?
914Sixer
To the best of my knowledge, NO specifications are available other than what the manufacturer says. I bought my FJ67 for $86 each.

marksteinhilber
Check out the standard SMP fuel systems catalogue of injectors. http://www.smpbuyersguide.com/standard/gui...uide-2017/6.php

You can search using the original Porsche or VW or Bosch part number for the injector and see what they say is the current part. (there may be some supercession)

For example, when I searched for 280150009 for a 1970-1973 Porsche gray 1.7 injector, it showed me FJ114 with a gray body and a curved hose

When I search for 0280150105 for a 1976 Porsche 2.0 like the 912e, I get an FJ707 white with a straight rubber hose

When I search for a 1974-75 Porsche 914 1.8 injector 280150123 I get an FJ 707 white body with a straight rubber hose on page 38, or an FJ6 green with a straight rubber hose. I believe this is telling us that the FJ6 injector can supply 167 cm3/min at 2.5 bar, 185 cm3/min at 3 bar, or even 265cm3/min at other fuel pressure, and with the different pulsing created by DJet or LJet.

You can click on the FJ6 on page 38 and it takes you to more detailed info on that injector. One of the PDF notes says that the color on the body means nothing and that they match the flow rate to the specs for the part number. Another explains that the long rubber hose is to be cut to length to match your original injector.

BWD has a similar online catalogue that shows:
1.7 gray injector is a FJ114 and their part # is 57517P or a green one 57517
2.0 Green injector is FJ707 their part # is 57519 or 57519P
1.8 tan injector is FJ3, FJ6, or FJ707 their part#57534P and is black.

Confused? I'd use my Porsche original part number, find the one listed as the replacement, and then I'd call Standard or BWD to confirm. Then finding one in stock somewhere to purchase is another story entirely. I think this might be what goes on in the back room at Pelican, or Sierra Madre, or automotion, or Stoddards. They have to spend their time figuring out what is available that they can sell us..... can we outsmart them, probably not, can we outsmart ourselves, probably....

Click to view attachment
9144me2enjoy
It appears they’re definitely 2 different beast (FJ67 & FJ6), possibly having two different flow rates! As usual when there is a sizeable difference in price there’s probably a reason! Atlanta has the FJ67 for $75.00 (Reman) + your Core or $50.00. Auto Zone offers it for $89.99 (NEW) without a Core (Picture attached of the one from Auto Zone) with Military discount take off another 10% lowering it to $81.00. Still not what I was hoping for but it’s the best I’ve seen so far. There is reportedly places you can send your cores off to, that will rebuild them but I haven’t found any yet. Still looking. Thanks
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 13 2018, 10:17 AM) *

It appears they’re definitely 2 different beast (FJ67 & FJ6), possibly having two different flow rates! As usual when there is a sizeable difference in price there’s probably a reason! Atlanta has the FJ67 for $75.00 + your Core or $50.00. Auto Zone offers it for $89.99 without a Core. Still researching. Thanks

Those are reasonable prices, especially if the injector is new....Click to view attachment
jcd914
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 13 2018, 10:17 AM) *

There is reportedly places you can send your cores off to, that will rebuild them but I haven’t found any yet. Still looking. Thanks

Send your original injectors to WitchHunters for cleaning and flow testing.

WitchHunters

Jim

9144me2enjoy
Thanks for the info about Witch hunters injector cleaning service. Definitely the cheapest way to go maybe not the most cost effective in the long run but a good option!
914Sixer
After many hours of research Bruce Stone has found out that the stock fuel injector plug will work with this injector. He also has found there are NO specifications published.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.