Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rare colour
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
bulliporker
how rare is a brown 914
defianty
Sepia Brown is a rare colour for a 914 as it wasn't a standard colour. It would have been a special order colour with a colour code of L98.
defianty
Just noticed you're from the UK. Have you found a Sepia car in the UK?
davep
I know of six Sepia 914's. I would love to get the VIN of another car.
bulliporker
really looking for a ivory white one like yours defianty
bulliporker
would you buy a brown car or would the colour put you of if you ever decided to re sell it on do you think you would have difficulty selling it on
defianty
QUOTE(bulliporker @ Jul 16 2018, 03:23 PM) *

really looking for a ivory white one like yours defianty

Thanks, although there's not a lot of paint left on it right now av-943.gif

If you really have your heart set on a particular colour then hold out. I was hours away from buying an Olympic Blue car before I got mine but had to pull out at the eleventh hour because I wanted a Light Ivory car so much.

Pardon the pun but Sepia is a marmite colour, some love it others hate it. I have a close friend who has a Sepia 911, I personally think it's a great colour but there's a lot of haters out there. 914's have never been popular in the UK but we all know that is starting to change, although I hate to admit it a Sepia 914 may be a little tougher to sell in the UK.
bulliporker
that's exactly what I was thinking but its in really good condition and just cant find a good ivory white 2.0 anywhere the condition is so tempting but its not really what I want , plus really want black interior and this is a light brown colour
bulliporker
dave p would the number start with 473
mepstein
QUOTE(bulliporker @ Jul 17 2018, 04:02 PM) *

that's exactly what I was thinking but its in really good condition and just cant find a good ivory white 2.0 anywhere the condition is so tempting but its not really what I want , plus really want black interior and this is a light brown colour

Interiors can be changed easily but if you think every time you open the garage door you will feel that it’s not the car you wanted, it’s probably not the car to purchase.
bulliporker
its not really what I want wrong colour wrong interior colour only a 1700cc people call it a marmite colour but its near on impossible to find a really good car in excellent condition never mind in the colour of my choice
davep
QUOTE(bulliporker @ Jul 17 2018, 12:05 PM) *

dave p would the number start with 473

Yes, 47329xxxxx

BTW, my cars have black interior, but brown or tan are cooler on a hot day. Our Jetta has a white leather interior that we just love.
gereed75
light Ivory is badass

Click to view attachment
bulliporker
ivory seems to be more available in a 914/6 and 914 with a 1700cc engine not easy to find a good 73/74 car in whitre with a 2.0
bulliporker
loverly car gereed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.