Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: plug wiring layout
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tn_man@hushmail.com
A guy I had washing my 19973 1.7 Porsche pulled the plug wires and I can't find any information covering this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. John
theer
John,

a picture would be great... or at least a description of the plug you are asking about.

tn_man@hushmail.com
QUOTE(theer @ Jul 13 2018, 01:47 PM) *

John,

a picture would be great... or at least a description of the plug you are asking about.

Thanks for replying, I need to know where the wires go into the distributor cap. I know the direction of the rotor button is clockwise. John
BeatNavy
This assumes you've got a stock 4-cylinder.

Click to view attachment
tn_man@hushmail.com
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 13 2018, 01:59 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Thank you that's the information I need, it's much appreciated. John
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 13 2018, 10:59 AM) *

Click to view attachment

It also assumes the 4 cyl is in a 914 or mid-engine rather than one of those azz draggin 912e. Then the front of car is not where it should be....
IronHillRestorations
Where in TN John? I'm an hour east of Jackson
tn_man@hushmail.com
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Jul 13 2018, 08:36 PM) *

Where in TN John? I'm an hour east of Jackson

Good morning and thank you for replying. I'm east of Knoxville in Sevierville. Would you happen to have a diagram of the coil wiring?
tn_man@hushmail.com
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 13 2018, 01:59 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Good morning. It was the U.S. Army that beat me LOL. You were a lot of help yesterday, do you have antyhins similar on the coil wiring? Thank you, John
cary
Look at the coil closely. You'll see a + or - next to the post with the spade lugs on them.
Black with red stripe goes to the +. (12v power supply)
Black with purple stripe goes to the -. (tach signal)
Then there will be either a solid black or red that goes to the - also. (points or electronic ignition)
Then the big one from the center of the distributor to the center of the coil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.