Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics of new wheels on the car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
Mounted them up today just to check front clearences etc. They are definitely all about function, not sure if I'll win any beauty contests! They do fillout the car nicely however.

SirAndy
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
grantsfo
pic1
grantsfo
pic2
grantsfo
pic 3
grantsfo
pic 4
grantsfo
This is my favorite shot. The Hoosier on an 8" rim is easily 1 1/2 inches wider that the Yoko's. The Hoosier is also shorter so I think I'll have a little more power out of those slow corners - but I guess down side is all be on the rev limiter sooner too.. I dont have an accurate scale but I think race wheels/tires are at least 2-3 lbs lighter
URY914
confused24.gif So what kind of wheels are they.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jun 13 2005, 11:53 AM)

BFU
or Butt Fucking Ugly laugh.gif

Until you see them at speed I'll bet. Hey Grant no fair you cheated the car is still up on jackstands or something WAY TOO HIGH in the air.
grantsfo

Keizer 3 piece wheels. They are 15x8" and are 10.lbs a piece. great wheels!
grantsfo
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jun 13 2005, 12:03 PM)

BFU
or Butt Fucking Ugly laugh.gif

Until you see them at speed I'll bet. Hey Grant no fair you cheated the car is still up on jackstands or something WAY TOO HIGH in the air.

LOL! Took the pictures before the car settled down and my car does sit a little higher than some slammed cars. We'll see what I have to do when I lower it some more.

I did jack up the other side and sit on the rear fender to check clearences when suspension if fully compressed in the rear. Clears then too. Think I got a differnt offset than you right? Or maybe I'm just a brute and could better man handle my rear fenders? biggrin.gif

And this picture is for you Joe. My 4x4 race car! ...they do look a little better in person, but the light was doing crazy things so I couldnt resist this one!

redshift
Take your car off the jackstands, and mount the freeking wheels! Ferchrissakes!

M
Joe Ricard
Naw Grants car is now so lite with the fiberglass this and that. That must be how it sits at ride hieght.

Yes Grant you go 1/2" more back space than my Red ncek wheels. But I had to "Real Man Handle " the fenders out like 2 inches.

For reference I think I can drive my car under yours.

We have just got to have a beer sometime. What a hoot that will be. Someday I will get out to one of them classics (WCC, FFC, MSUR)
Trekkor
Good job on getting the tire/wheel set-up on the car.

My Hoosier's arrived today. drooley.gif
They're BIG.
I'm a little nervous about mouting them on my 5.5" rims.
They say 6.5" is the minimum "recommended".

The chance of decreased performance potential and tire life looms. unsure.gif

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jun 13 2005, 05:45 PM)
For reference I think I can drive my car under yours.

...You'd have to catch me first! burnout.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jun 13 2005, 08:00 PM)
Good job on getting the tire/wheel set-up on the car.

My Hoosier's arrived today. drooley.gif
They're BIG.
I'm a little nervous about mouting them on my 5.5" rims.
They say 6.5" is the minimum "recommended".

The chance of decreased performance potential and tire life looms. unsure.gif

KT

These Hoosiers are wide. I set one down next to my Boxster that has 255 rears and that "little" 205 looks almost as wide from a distance! They are easily 1 1/2 inches wider than the Yokohamas you run on 5.5 wheels. They fit perfect on 8 " wheels. I'm thinking 6.5 should be minimum for you. Guess you could try the 5.5 and see how it works.
JmuRiz
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 13 2005, 03:17 PM)
Take your car off the jackstands, and mount the freeking wheels! Ferchrissakes!

M

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.