Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-brake light help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
Where is the warning light located that indicates the E-brake is on? Here is some additional info...I don't know if my center console is stock and I have a 911 instrument panel. A schematic might help too. I'm tired of driving with my E-brake on.
Many thanks.
cary
Best bet on a schematic is the Haynes repair manual. Porsche Inc called copyright infringement on their copies a while back so most folks that were posting schematics pulled them off their websites.
If it not just the e brake switch ground wire you'll need to dig deeper into your particular years schematic. Dial into the gas/brake gauge and you'll see additional resistors and jumper wires for the brake master cylinder safety switch. You could try resetting the e brake switch too. I've never had it do any thing.

What year is your car and wiring harness?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
if the normal gas gauge, on top of the instrument, half moon flashing light when the hand brake is engaged, or red warning when low brake pressure., If a temp gauge is at the top of the gas gauge, then a round red light in line with the alt and oil press lights

QUOTE(dgraves @ Jul 13 2018, 08:46 PM) *

Where is the warning light located that indicates the E-brake is on? Here is some additional info...I don't know if my center console is stock and I have a 911 instrument panel. A schematic might help too. I'm tired of driving with my E-brake on.
Many thanks.
cary
After you get a schematic Do a search with member Spoke and e brake light.
He's posted a wealth of info. Plus me makes bitchn LED tail and turn signal lights.
DickSteinkamp
You can remove the ebrake light switch on the base of the ebrake handle. One screw. Disconnect the brown wire and ground it with the key on. The "ebrake on" light should light and blink (if the bulb isn't burned out and if the 911 dash was wired into the 914 correctly).

If a light does light and blink in the fuel/temp gauge where dr914 indicates, then it is likely the switch that is at fault. AA (and others) carry them. A common door jamb/interior light switch in many Porsches.
dgraves
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Jul 14 2018, 03:42 PM) *

You can remove the ebrake light switch on the base of the ebrake handle. One screw. Disconnect the brown wire and ground it with the key on. The "ebrake on" light should light and blink (if the bulb isn't burned out and if the 911 dash was wired into the 914 correctly).

If a light does light and blink in the fuel/temp gauge where dr914 indicates, then it is likely the switch that is at fault. AA (and others) carry them. A common door jamb/interior light switch in many Porsches.

Thank you for the help to test the switch, but where is the light on a mid-70's 911 instrument panel indicating the hand brake is on?
zig-n-zag
The 911 combo gauge (non-silver dot) 911 641 104 29 0004 has the brake light at the twelve o’clock position. I think these were on cars 1974 on up thru 1980? The date stamp has faded on mine.

The silver dot 911 combo gauge 911 641 104 00 0013 I have (dated 3/72) does not have a brake light. I made my own separate housing to run the brake light.

I have a later-dated 911 combo gauge 911 641 104 00 0022 (dated 4/73), it does not have a brake light, and it has the silver dot.

There may be differences between SC and 930 as well, I’m no expert.
zig-n-zag
Correction, the 0022 gauge does have a brake light. I thought it was the oil pressure light, but the lense is red, and at 12’o clock. At 6 o’clock is the red lense generator light. So, only two lenses both in red.

The 0004 gauge has 3 lenses, red at 12 o’clock, below it is the oil pressure light in green, and below that is the red lense for the gen. Gauge illumination is separate, one light for pressure and one light for temp.

0013 has the oil light in red at the top, red lense at 6 for the gen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.