see retouched foto's here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lotus_65/sli...r=/ae89&.src=ph

Thanks for the help!
VegasRacer
Those BBS RS wheels look bitchin. aktion035.gif
tat2dphreak
Those BBS RS wheels look bitchin.

agree.gif

Rivs: barf.gif I would sell Rivs and pitch in some $ for polished Fuchs if you wanted a stock wheel (no fender roll)
Mueller
depending on the offset of the BBS rims tires used and if spacers used, you'll only have to pull your rear fenders out about an inch to 1.5"

lotus_65
...so i'm at work, and the photo's aren't working for everyone here. so here are the other choices, see above for the rs's.
Jacques
user posted image Corrado BBS! Make sure you delete the center caps >>

user posted image
lotus_65
QUOTE (Jacques @ Jun 13 2005, 04:38 PM)
user posted image Corrado BBS!  Make sure you delete the center caps >>

hey, mine don't have that offset. the spokes are well under the lip on mine. those look cool, but i like the center cap... it looks unfinished to me without.

thanks for the votes!
meares
MOST DEFINATELY the BBS wheels....try the 17 inchers with low prof. rubber...the tires in the pics look REALLY meaty
lotus_65
QUOTE (meares @ Jun 13 2005, 04:58 PM)
MOST DEFINATELY   the BBS wheels....try the 17 inchers with low prof. rubber...the tires in the pics look REALLY meaty

well i'm working with what i have in the garage now, so the wheel choices are what they are...
i will be shopping for new rubber, and i'll go a little lower profile, but not smaller than 50's i think.

thanks again everyone! beer.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (lotus_65 @ Jun 13 2005, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (meares @ Jun 13 2005, 04:58 PM)
MOST DEFINATELY   the BBS wheels....try the 17 inchers with low prof. rubber...the tires in the pics look REALLY meaty

well i'm working with what i have in the garage now, so the wheel choices are what they are...
i will be shopping for new rubber, and i'll go a little lower profile, but not smaller than 50's i think.

thanks again everyone! beer.gif

how are you going to bolt these onto your car???

SpecialK
Looks like the 2001 BBS's are kicking ass in the vote, they do look good! My 16" BBS's (late 70's I believe) have a little different center, and a wider lip.
lotus_65
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 13 2005, 05:27 PM)
how are you going to bolt these onto your car???

call me dumb, but can't i change the hubs? my guy at the vw hot rod shop didn't see a problem...
Mueller
call me dumb, but can't i change the hubs? my guy at the vw hot rod shop didn't see a problem...

when I get to know you better I will smile.gif

for the fronts, some vw bug hubs "might" work that have the different bolt patterns, the rear you are out of luck, you'll have to have them custom drilled and studded, remember that in order to remove the rear hubs, you'll end up destroying the rear wheel bearings ($40 each, 2X)

you can have the front hubs re-drilled, but you run into other issues depending on the bolt pattern picked and the hubcentric ring diameter.

this is going to cost you a few hundred bucks unless you can do the work yourself....I did this about 2 years ago, I redrilled my front and rear hubs for a 4x100 pattern and installed 12mm studs for some '84 VW GTI 16x7 rims (same rim fits a Miata and a Honda)
lotus_65
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 13 2005, 05:56 PM)

when I get to know you better I will smile.gif

for the fronts, some vw bug hubs "might" work that have the different bolt patterns, the rear you are out of luck, you'll have to have them custom drilled and studded, remember that in order to remove the rear hubs, you'll end up destroying the rear wheel bearings ($40 each, 2X)

you can have the front hubs re-drilled, but you run into other issues depending on the bolt pattern picked and the hubcentric ring diameter.

this is going to cost you a few hundred bucks unless you can do the work yourself....I did this about 2 years ago, I redrilled my front and rear hubs for a 4x100 pattern and installed 12mm studs for some '84 VW GTI 16x7 rims (same rim fits a Miata and a Honda)

i guess that's kinda what i expected. i'm budgeting the body work & paint, new hubs and rubber. it sounds like i'll have to add some custom work to the rears so that'll take some looking into.
i'll be selling the extra parts to offset the cost for this project so i might just go against the poll and build the corrado bbs into the car (that'll get me more $ from the rs', they've got some khumo ecsta's on 'em).

all info is most appreciated!
Jacques
user posted image >>
hey, mine don't have that offset. the spokes are well under the lip on mine. those look cool, but i like the center cap... it looks unfinished to me without.  

smilie_flagge6.gif Oh, yeh.. Those are the SLC ('92+ VR6) BBS wheels (5 lug),. The G60 ('91 G-Charger) had a different BBS wheel.

user posted image
smooth_eddy
I would sell Rivs and pitch in some $ for polished Fuchs if you wanted a stock wheel (no fender roll)

agree.gif with Wayne....... Eddy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.