Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Washer Pressure Valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
Greeting,

I am resurrecting a barn find that has been in a garage since Reagan was in office.

'74 2.0, with the exception of the Helatious Hell Hole, in pretty good shape.

I am stumped with the valve that is within the filling opening of the Windshield washer reservoir. It will not allow any of the tire pressure into the reservoir.....I have tried to coax it into operation with extra pressure, etc.

Has anyone ever fixed one of these? I know I can get a new one for 35.00, however, there just may be a quick fix within this knowledgeable forum!

Thanks in Advance for any pointers.

C
914Sixer
Check valves are about $7 or less each. The best set up is one straight one at each nozel and one at the T.

As for the bottle the connection it is a straight tire air valve. Does you bottle have a leak and is the seal good. I am sure if you put a WTB there are lots of cheap replacements available. They rarely fail.
bbrock
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the check valve on the bottle also limit the amount of pressure that can be bled from the tire so you don't wind up with a flat spare just when you need it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.