Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original Dealer Installed Antenna
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gcrotvik
I'm going to assume that most dealer installed antennas were Hirschmann. That said, what was the top mounting cap like? I have 2 OE Hirschmann antennas, each having a different style mounting cap. One is black and the other is chrome. The antenna is stainless with a black cover cap with the Hirschmann logo on it. Which was correct for a 70-74 car?

Pictures of your original antennas would be nice, if you have time to post them.

If this topic has previously been covered, my apologies.

Thanks,

Greg
914Sixer
I would say 90% are what ever the dealer or installer had. The other 10% came installed from the factory. I know that the dealers could order just an antenna or antenna with speakers installed, leaving it to the dealer to sell the radio.

As for the antenna itself there MIGHT have been several options. Hirschman, Blaupunkt or Podding all made antennas in Europe. Harada or Motorola were used on lots of aftermarket installs.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 15 2018, 11:26 AM) *

I would say 90% are what ever the dealer or installer had. The other 10% came installed from the factory. I know that the dealers could order just an antenna or antenna with speakers installed, leaving it to the dealer to sell the radio.

As for the antenna itself there MIGHT have been several options. Hirschman, Blaupunkt or Podding all made antennas in Europe. Harada or Motorola was used on lots of aftermarket installs.

Thanks, Mark. Well, that narrows it down!! LOL.
914_7T3
The Hirschmann with logo that came with my '73 is chrome with partial black cap.
914Next
Not to confuse things even more but.....the original antenna installed on my ‘73 is a Bosch blue tip as can be seen on a lot of the 356s back in the day. I know this antenna was installed by the dealer along with the blaupunct ordered by the original owner.
914Sixer
Lets mess with things even more. Here is a NOS Bosch electric antenna. Very rare item.
914_7T3
Please see the attached photos as a reference.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914Next
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Jul 15 2018, 09:22 PM) *

That's actually a Bosch logo and antenna.

Steve
914_7T3
QUOTE(914Next @ Jul 15 2018, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Jul 15 2018, 09:22 PM) *

Please see the attached photos as a reference.

That's actually a Bosch logo and antenna.

Steve

I don't know why I thought it was Hirschmann. Now that you mention it, it does match up with the logo on many Bosch parts.
gulf908
.... Lets mess with things even more. Here is a NOS Bosch electric antenna. Very rare item. ....

Mark

is this one a 914 compatible aerial ?
if so,part number year etc please
inquiring minds want to know .....

cheers
Dennis smile.gif
914Sixer
Dennis,
There is no part number on the aerial. This is the only Bosch electric antenna I have ever found. Yes, it will fit under the fender of the 911 or 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.