Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Up Next: 914 Reassembly Party July 21, 2018
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_7T3
I would like to host an event at my place on Saturday July 21st whereby anyone can lend their expertise in helping me with some reassembly items. We will also grill and chill throughout the day.

This will be more relaxed than Suspension Swap Saturday as that proved way too ambitious for one day even if Larmo didn't think so poke.gif .

I will have the grill ready to go with tons of refreshments beerchug.gif and the pool will be a perfect 82 degrees.

I would like to knock out the following items for reinstallation:

re-seat the rear portion of the wiring harness
head lights & warts
rear taillights (new lens seals and polish)
gauges
shifter
914 rubber dash and front windshield seals
drivers seat
mirrors

The plan is to then get the windshield installed so the car can get the drive train put back in and drive under its own power before focusing on the interior and misc. rubber trim.

Current weather forecast is for 87 degrees so not too hot. I am located near the merge of the 405 & 101 Fwys in Sherman Oaks. Please let me know if you can join us. This is sure to be a great day!

smile.gif

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
I'm down for early half shift...up to 12:00 chowtime.gif
How early can we start? 7AM?
I have afternoon plans.
I'm no expert but I can pretend. lol-2.gif

Oscar
914_7T3
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 15 2018, 02:54 PM) *

I'm down for early half shift...up to 12:00 chowtime.gif
How early can we start? 7AM?
I have afternoon plans.
I'm no expert but I can pretend. lol-2.gif

Oscar

It starts when you get here. I'm sure you will muddle through. Fake it 'til you Make it!

shades.gif
ConeDodger
Anything dash involved such as forward vinyl, dash to windshield trim should be done before the windshield goes in. I can’t make it, but I would love it if I could because I would install the windshield with lots of pics so you SoCal guys will quit paying people to put your windshields in wrong! blink.gif we could add a how-to.

By the way Larmo is right... not a lot of things on your list. You should add some “if we get to it...”
worn
I would be in, but need the pool at 80 degrees. Also, my jams are at the cleaners. Still, it sounds like a ton of fun, for guests as well as the deserving car. Good luck!
don-6
I'd like to help, but I will be out of town that weekend.
I'm local, in Burbank.
If you need help or have any questions in the future,
feel free to PM me.
Good luck

Don
second wind
Where do we park? What I mean is thank you very much for extending such a beautiful invitation.....but I hate parking on the street.....
gg
914_7T3
QUOTE(second wind @ Jul 15 2018, 04:09 PM) *

Where do we park? What I mean is thank you very much for extending such a beautiful invitation.....but I hate parking on the street.....
gg

Regardless of which car you bring, I'll save you a driveway spot! My friend may bring his 951 Turbo as well.

pray.gif
ValcoOscar
I'll be there wide eyed and bushy tail at 7AM.

Got coffee or shall I bring?

Oscar
914_7T3
We’re covered. I’ll need to take care of a few things when I get back to town tomorrow afternoon.

beerchug.gif

Larmo63
Dang, short notice....

.....I'll try
iankarr
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 15 2018, 06:23 PM) *

Anything dash involved such as forward vinyl, dash to windshield trim should be done before the windshield goes in. I can’t make it, but I would love it if I could because I would install the windshield with lots of pics so you SoCal guys will quit paying people to put your windshields in wrong! blink.gif we could add a how-to.

By the way Larmo is right... not a lot of things on your list. You should add some “if we get to it...”

I’ll be in LA and free Sunday if this becomes a two day event. Happy to shoot the windshield install video smile.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 19 2018, 09:33 PM) *

Dang, short notice....

.....I'll try

Sure thing. We are a small group so it will be a relaxed pace. Lemme know and you can come check out my new daily driver! driving.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Jul 20 2018, 04:20 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 15 2018, 06:23 PM) *

I’ll be in LA and free Sunday if this becomes a two day event. Happy to shoot the windshield install video smile.gif

The windshield itself won’t go in tomorrow, but you are welcome to stop by on Sunday to check out the car. It’ll be good to see you again.

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.