Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s Still Have it For Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
brilliantrot
Congratulations to Randal and Andrew for winning the Parade Autocross this past weekend. Aaron (Yeamag) let me drive his well sorted at this point 914 at our local PCA OCR autocross and it still has what it takes to keep up with the newer cars. 1st in class, 1st on BRI/PAX/Handicap, and 7th fastest raw time behind a few wildly modified cars.

Now the question is, how long will stock 2.0L rods and AA cast piston hold together spinning at 7400 RPM. I used to take mine to 8,000 on the same parts and it as far as I know is still running but it's always a question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahi1cp95OCs
Randal
QUOTE(brilliantrot @ Jul 16 2018, 11:17 PM) *

Congratulations to Randal and Andrew for winning the Parade Autocross this past weekend. Aaron (Yeamag) let me drive his well sorted at this point 914 at our local PCA OCR autocross and it still has what it takes to keep up with the newer cars. 1st in class, 1st on BRI/PAX/Handicap, and 7th fastest raw time behind a few wildly modified cars.

Now the question is, how long will stock 2.0L rods and AA cast piston hold together spinning at 7400 RPM. I used to take mine to 8,000 on the same parts and it as far as I know is still running but it's always a question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahi1cp95OCs

Actually it was all Andrew in the car I sold him.

Glad to see you're out there showing the way with a 914. Important to keep that going.

As to the 2.0 staying together racing at 7,400rpm, only time will tell. As Rich Bontempi told me, just go out there and get lots of seat time. At some point you'll know it's time to rebuild to a higher quality. Actually the 2.0 I originally had in 222 had lots of 7400rpm autox days. It was on the track that I bent the valves when missing a downshift and really really twisting the motor. But even with bent valves
it ran fine for months.
EdwardBlume
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.