Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 1973 Porsche 914 Front Bumper-Chrome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
9144me2enjoy
WTB: I have a 1973 Porsche 914 which I need to replace the front Chrome Bumper. I was planning on leaving the front rubber bumpers off. I have good rubber bumpers in case I change my mind about installing them. It needs to be dent free with good chrome. The top rubber I already have. Let me know if you have a good used one laying around that you would consider parting with. Thanks
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 17 2018, 02:04 PM) *

WTB: I have a 1973 Porsche 914 which I need to replace the front Chrome Bumper. I was planning on leaving the front rubber bumpers off. I have good rubber bumpers in case I change my mind about installing them. It needs to be dent free with good chrome. The top rubber I already have. Let me know if you have a good used one laying around that you would consider parting with. Thanks

They are hard to find, took me 6 months and then what I settled for was one that really needed to be rechromed. I would just leave it for a daily driver car but not for my restoration- I found a shop in Tennessee that is doing it for $475. if you have a good core, you might want to do the same, it will probably cost less in the long run.

A member may have one, but I have seen them less and less ,nice ones at least, but they do come up occasionally. Less front ones than rear it seems.

Good Luck! and welcome.png
9144me2enjoy
Mine is bent, chrome is good on it but hard to find a good body shop that will try to straighten it out, then you would have to probably rechrome it anyway. You never know what might turn up tomorrow! I would settle for a 70-73 front bumper if someone had one at a good price. Thanks
DRPHIL914
many chrome shops will fix/straighten etc might want to check, . Keystone in Mn quoted about $500-$600 but that includes full straighten and fix with triple plate,
9144me2enjoy
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jul 17 2018, 01:35 PM) *

many chrome shops will fix/straighten etc might want to check, . Keystone in Mn quoted about $500-$600 but that includes full straighten and fix with triple plate,

Checking into that....thanks
mepstein
agree.gif 914 front bumpers are turning into unicorns. When you do find one, it won’t be cheap. Especially chrome since it shows every ding and can’t be fixed cheaply.
DRPHIL914
i now have 2, i will have them both redone and i will keep them both for those reasons. i want the non-bumper guard early one for show, then later one for DD. Shipping my early one out to Tri-City Plating in TN this week, and the other one after i get that one back. -
Coondog
Give a call to Renagade Hybrids..... they had some re-chromed a while back.
Never know you might get lucky.
9144me2enjoy
I will try that, thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.