Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master Cylinder crush washers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I need to replace the crush washers used by the banjo fitting on the brake MC. They're 2 different sizes and are solid copper washers. Porsche pn# 904 351 534 00 & 904 355 902 00. Are ya'll using the OEM washers or the more common copper hollow crush washers such as Bel Metric's for replacements? TIA, Kent beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Common washers
mepstein
We use Wurth but probably because they come in a box with 30 or so sizes with labeled compartments. Makes it easy.
Chris914n6
Standard banjo washers. Used on power steering pumps, auto trans cooler lines and more. I'd say get copper as aluminum would likely corrode badly down there.
bulitt
You can reuse the current ones. (if Copper)
Lay them flat, heat with a propane torch until red. They resume original shape.

Or- this from Harbor Freight if you stay copper?

https://www.harborfreight.com/80-piece-copp...ment-67526.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMLqlDSsQpA

Personally I lay them flat so they don't fold over when heated.

Now I know many will say- why anneal a washer when they are so cheap?
Try finding an off size copper washer for a 1983 Ferrari 512BBi Dry Sump drain plug.
As an example.
Anneal, or make your own.
76-914
I didn't see them on Bel Metric as I searched for copper crush washers. Later I googled "flat copper washers" and lo and behold it sent me to Bel Metric. My mistake because of the wrong terminology. I ordered several because they're cheap. Bob, naturally I thought about annealing them and may still do so if the new ones aren't spot on. BTW, you needn't go to cherry red. Move the torch tip in a slow fanning motion. Once you see the "blue hue" following the torch tip the copper is annealed. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.