Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: drivers door pocket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
I've started fitting my door cards and fixings today.

The passenger is completed but i dropped a clanger by not checking what fixings hold the door pocket on.

Are they machine screws like on the passenger side and if so what size? M6 m8? I think the lower ones are self tappers.
Dave_Darling
They're Allen-head screws. I think they're M6, but I'm not completely certain.

--DD
mepstein
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 18 2018, 02:02 PM) *

--DD

M6 and three self tapping screws with trim washer on the bottom. Its the spring that's a little tricky. It gets a plastic sleeve before mounting.
JFG
Thanks for the advice. I have a few allen bolt m6's left over from my tinware that should fit.
76-914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 18 2018, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 18 2018, 02:02 PM) *

--DD

M6 and three self tapping screws with trim washer on the bottom. Its the spring that's a little tricky. It gets a plastic sleeve before mounting.

agree.gif Connect the lid to the pocket before attempting to mount the pocket to the door then attach the end of the spring to the door panel. Now attach the assembled pocket to the door. beerchug.gif
raynekat
Mine in the 71 are m5 not m6 Allen’s. They’re small.
mepstein
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jul 18 2018, 08:08 PM) *

Mine in the 71 are m5 not m6 Allen’s. They’re small.

I’m sure you are right. OP will be able to tell what’s correct pretty quickly.
Coastal6
Forget the spring.
The lid stays down without it.
Much easier to access the storage when the lid isn’t always trying to keep you out.
JFG
An update on my fixings. The hole closest to the door open lever is m8. The one closest to the door edge is m7!!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(JFG @ Jul 19 2018, 06:59 AM) *

An update on my fixings. The hole closest to the door open lever is m8. The one closest to the door edge is m7!!

There should be captured "clip nuts" in the door to connect to the m5 cap head screws. I know there are no M8 bolts for the door box.

Would you take a picture and post it for us?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.