Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 914-6 Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jtgiertz
see www.2ndcar.com for more pics and video

This a very high quality build of a 914-6 upgraded with a 1981 3.0L SC engine.

It breathes in through 1966 Weber 40IDA3C Carburetors (36mm main venturis; F26 emulsion tubes; 150 mains; 55 idles and 180 air corrections with 3 degree squirter nozzles) and breathes out through MSDS 1-5/8 headers and a DANSK Muffler Sport Polished Stainless Steel (84 mm Dual Tail Pipes)

The 901 Side Shift Transmission was rebuilt by Rennsport Porsche Works in Sealy, Texas.

The -6 conversion included the use of Patrick Motor Sports Engine Mount, a Vellios Oil Tank w/ Filler Neck and Dip Stick w/ Gatorade Catch Can, Kennedy Engineering Flywheel & Stage II Clutch w/ TOB, MSD 6AL Ignition.

The distributor was rebuilt and recurved by Barry Hershon (23 crank degrees). The alternator rebuilt by Houston Alternator. It has a 911 starter to help crank properly.

Cooling is enhance by a Mocal 25 Row, 235 Matrix Oil Cooler w/ Remote Thermostat, engine oil cooler modified by Richard Johnson and always filled with Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil 20w50.

Other smart upgrades are Aeroquip Stainless Steel Braided Hose -16 AN Tank to Engine, -12 AN Everywhere Else

It has Tangerine Racing Tunnel Fuel Line, gates LP (Low Permeation) Carb Fuel Line 5/16", and a CB Performance Fuel Pump

3M 1080 Scotchprint Gloss Hot Rod Red Wrap installed by Undergroundgrfx is also applied.

Handling is controlled by Turbo Tie-Rods, a front sway bar , Bilsteins P36-0112-H0 Inserts, Mahle 5.5x15 Wheels, and BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2 Tires (Summer 2016). A rear sway bar also comes with the sale.

This is a leightweight 914-6 without radio, A/C, heater, carpet (bedliner interior), and un-needed electronics, add about 200HP and it is a blast to drive!

Slight rust issues were fixed by my quality bodywork guy before being wrapped (paint underneath is faded red). Previous rust issues were already fixed before my purchase (battery hellhole).

Racing seats need to be recovered or replaced - I have passenger seat but it is not in car.

The oil tank oil filter mount was not drilled center so I am using a remote oil mount. This allows for extra oil temp sensors that are featured in the center console and for the remote fan. Engine leaks like any classic Porsche engine as does the oil tank through a fitting or mount (plans are to re-seal next time I pull engine for maintenance).

Speedometer is not accurate - bounces around under 30 mph despite new cable. Wipers move slow but good enough for Texas inspection.

Extras:

I have the engine lid (2 of them - planning for GT lid), front and rear valence (not on car), spare w/ good tire mounted, 2 extra wheels, and a bin full of random parts.

Please note that most pictures in below photo albums are few years old. The images taken in front of the building in this post were taken 10/25/17 at work - I do daily drive it occasionally.

see www.2ndcar.com for more pics and video
9144me2enjoy
How much?
jtgiertz
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Jul 18 2018, 05:04 PM) *

How much?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.