Full Version: OT: Saw revenge of the Sith
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimT
well instead of watching paint dry this past saturday

I saw revenge of the sith

I give it two thumbs up
Mueller
screwy.gif j/k smile.gif

worst movie I've seen in years....now I know why people wanted to see the Midnight showing, so it would be easier to fall asleep dry.gif

if it wasn't for wanting to see why Vadar had to have his special "costume", I would have been happy to leave the theater early......
Grimstead
I saw it a couple of weeks ago and it still makes me mad! mad.gif

I find it impossible to believe that Lucas wrote these last three movies the same time he wrote the original three (I hear nine total) unless it was something like this for the first three episodes:

Episode One: Darth Vader as a boy, end.
Episode Two: Darth Vader gets a little older and really pissy, end. (Flying R2D2? barf.gif )
Episode Three: Darth Vader knocks up chick, gets more pissy, kills some people & losses big fight and has to wear plastic hat (note to self, add Wookies in it somewhere), end. (Death Star WTF!)

Rant Off!

SirAndy
too much romance crap ...
why do all those "action" movies that come out lately have to be full with all that emotional crap?

can't they just shoot each other, like in the good old days?
Andy ar15.gif sheeplove.gif
Trekkor
I'm not a costume wearing, line camping, plastic light sabre waving, line reciting, Lucas worshipping, Jedi wannabee... ohmy.gif

I could have easily given in to that destiny, but I was able to keep my mind clear and avoid the trappings of the dark side.

What am I saying?
I am your father...Nooooo! ph34r.gif

I liked it and the whole series. I'll watch episode VI tonight. wink.gif

I like the fact that the line " I have a bad feeling about this " is carried through ALL the movies and said by nearly every character.

KT
skline
I dont care what all of you think, the guy made billions of dollars off of one idea that carried him through for the rest of his life, his kids lives and their kids lives. The guy is a genius. I loved the whole series and now own VHS and DVD of all that are available. When #3 comes out, I will have the whole set. I may even go see it again int he theater. I enjoyed it.

I am not to the point I would ever camp out though.
balljoint
The kid that played Anniken went to my highschool...it was some years after I was there so I never got the chance to "pants" him and shove him into the girls washroom...but someone must have because Darth really was pissy.

I have learned that you really can't go into a movie these days with expectations, they always get let down, but sometimes you see a flick that you had no idea about and it just blows you away...who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Bob Esponja.
Mueller
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 13 2005, 05:58 PM)
I dont care what all of you think, the guy made billions of dollars off of one idea that carried him through for the rest of his life, his kids lives and their kids lives. The guy is a genius. I loved the whole series and now own VHS and DVD of all that are available. When #3 comes out, I will have the whole set. I may even go see it again int he theater. I enjoyed it.

I am not to the point I would ever camp out though.

that is the what makes it even worse for people like me, I enjoyed the 1st one and kinda liked the second one......got totally suckered in by the media hype....it's not a good feeling knowing that part of my hard earned $21 will be going to him so he can live a good life headbang.gif

Greg Bell
It was really good. The best one since ESB. I thought it kicked butt. aktion035.gif
Grimstead
I guess my problem is no matter how much special effects & eye candy, there has to be a good story to carry a movie.

If you take I, II & II by themselves you get a C+ trilogy but when you try to sell people that this was the prequel to IV, V & VI how can you call it anything but crap? confused24.gif

I have no problem with Lucas but he is trying to sell the idea that this was his vision all along and it has nothing to do with money. Two words, Darth Tatar (pleaseeee).

I mean at least the Sex Pistols (arguably the first ‘boy band’) had the guts to tell us it was all about the money.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Grimstead @ Jun 13 2005, 07:14 PM)
I mean at least the Sex Pistols (arguably the first ‘boy band’) had the guts to tell us it was all about the money.

they even titled one of their albums "The great Rock'n'Roll swindle" ...

aktion035.gif Andy

PS and BTW: if you haven't seen the movie bearing the same title, go get it on DVD, it's worth watching ...
black73
I enjoyed it. What were you expecting? Shakespeare?
Pnambic
Star Wars: Return of the Sith (ROTS for short...haha) wasn't all that bad. What pisses me off most about ole George is that he flat refuses to release the original trilogy on DVD in its original unmolested theatrical release version. I can't stand most of the stupid changes he made. They're mindless. HAN SHOT FIRST!!! hahaha

What it comes down to is George had this idea, an idea that was pretty much stolen from a handful of other movies and such, but he added a space twist to it and the Force©. It was a good idea and he had some friends around him back in the 70's that were able to take the idea and run with it.

Then George takes all the credit, pisses off said friends and without their help, episodes 1, 2 and 3 show it. Heck, it was even apparent already in episode 6.

IMHO Sith may be the the 3rd best of the 6 movie series. Its a shame he couldn't have done a better job though. I think the story had so much there, technology nowadays can do so much more. Instead of hitting a home run, he hits a grounder between 2nd and 3rd for a single.

CptTripps
He should have let someone else write ROTS like he did with ESB and ROTJ. I think this'll be the last time he's allowed to write dialog....ever again.

I enjoyed it. People were looking for a 'second coming' with this one...or somethign to justify their childhood dreams or something like that. It was a MOVIE...get over it.
rhodyguy
barf.gif . waste of time and money. just glad i didn't pay full admission (matinee). the first movie, episode 3 ?, is still the best.

k
Trekkor
What's not to like?
More entertaining than most garbage *they* feed us.
Who cares what you think of Lucas. He's sucessful and finishes what he starts. Can't fault that...

Plus, minimal Jar-Jar. wink.gif

KT
rhodyguy
where to start...too many computer generated scenes, the anikin/vader actor couldn't be any stiffer if he was made of wood, weak story line, jj binks, natale portman wasn't topless, the way the sound is mixed makes any dialog impossible to understand. yoda was more believable when he was a puppet.

k
balljoint
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jun 14 2005, 10:21 AM)
natale portman wasn't topless

Nail meet Head
DougC
agree.gif , even my wife liked it a lot and she generally doesn't care for anything related to StarWars. I thought it was great also... no camping out tho.

Doug C
Pnambic
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jun 14 2005, 09:14 AM)
Who cares what you think of Lucas. He's sucessful and finishes what he starts. Can't fault that...

Plus, minimal Jar-Jar. wink.gif

KT

Lucas says Star Wars is a 9 part series and episodes 7, 8 and 9 are not going to be made.

...though I read a trilogy by Timothy Zahn that someone said may be the last three parts and I really enjoyed them...
Heir to the Empire
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command

Personally, I do consider my opinion of the person standing behind something above their level of success. I may be alone in this, but if I have a big enough problem with a person or company, I will not do business with them even if it is cheaper or easier. My problem with Lucas isn't so big that I won't see the movie; I saw it, once, but I saw the Lord of the Rings movies several times each and purchased all the special edition versions to support what I viewed as a really great product put together by someone who poured a lot of time and effort and heart into it. Lucas's recent stuff just seems half-assed. As though he knows (unfortunately correctly) that he can put out garbage, slap a Star Wars title on it and make a fortune.

Ah well, wish I were in his shoes...heh. wink.gif

BTW, I'm sure have all seen this by now, but its always good for a laugh.
..."which one of these calls your mommy?"...HAHAHA

JmuRiz
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jun 14 2005, 06:21 AM)
the anikin/vader actor couldn't be any stiffer if he was made of wood

Remember guys, the director has a LOT to do with that. If anyone has seen Natalie Portman in other stuff ('Garden State' for example) you'll see that she's a much better actress than in ROTS...can you say overacting for all the charactors in ROTS...McGreggor isn't that bad in other movies either.
All-in-all it was an entertaining movie from my POV, however I would have liked to see more than one story-line in the movie...wow you see the development of Vader and that's it...great writing Lucas, haha.
ninefourteener
I dunno..... I saw all 3 when I was a kid... don't remember if I saw them in order, or if I rented them on a trip to Blockbuster with my parents.

I don't know much about them...... I liked em ok I guess

The 3 that came out later? I saw the first one in theaters because of the hype. It blew.

I REFUSED to see the second one because the first one blew so hard. I did see it later on cable though.... it blew too..... I think..... well, the parts I wasn't sleeping through blew.

I went to see the most recent one in the theater again..... but only because I was watching my 10 year old future brother-in-law.

Actually..... I kinda liked it.... It was "darker"..... George has made up for the first two smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.