Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RATS!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aircooledfool
Take a look at the cowl of this 914, or what little is left of it. Very sad as this is a numbers matching '74 with great body panels but it may be too far gone to save. Has anyone attempted a repair to the front cowl area?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

poorsche914
Did this 914 come from Tennessee?
Reason I ask is I looked at one not long ago in Marathon Blue that had been sitting for nearly 30 years. Great body panels but had been used as a rodent resort for three decades blink.gif

driving.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
sure that is not bad, best thing is that there are plenty of used and new cowls in great shape to section in
Aircooledfool
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 19 2018, 05:01 PM) *

Did this 914 come from Tennessee?
Reason I ask is I looked at one not long ago in Marathon Blue that had been sitting for nearly 30 years. Great body panels but had been used as a rodent resort for three decades blink.gif

driving.gif

This one started in Colorado and ended up in the central Texas area. Did get a set of 5 fuchs and a FI 2.0 so not a total loss.
Aircooledfool
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 19 2018, 05:01 PM) *

sure that is not bad, best thing is that there are plenty of used and new cowls in great shape to section in

Well, thats encouraging if you think there is "hope". I guess the part that is needed is the front firewall. Do you have used ones in stock and ball park price?
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 19 2018, 03:01 PM) *

agree.gif

This isn't one of the usual rust spots so there should be a reasonable supply of replacement panels for that.
smash.gif
Chris914n6
I think it's Mikey914 (914rubber) that did one. Not as bad though.

Should be cheap and easy to find that panel.
worn
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 19 2018, 03:33 PM) *

I think it's Mikey914 (914rubber) that did one. Not as bad though.

Should be cheap and easy to find that panel.

A little awkward though without a rotisserie. I did tr6 cowl repairs, but following the book the first thing I did was cut the car in half.
cary
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2497439

Here's Taylor's Pee Pee car.
It took out the cowl and a good portion of the back side of the fenders. Plus the middle section which looks good in the picture is paper thin.
porschetub
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 20 2018, 10:22 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 19 2018, 03:01 PM) *

agree.gif

This isn't one of the usual rust spots so there should be a reasonable supply of replacement panels for that.
smash.gif

agree.gif hard area to repair too ,bastards eat anything and piss acid WTF.gif ,we have few here but had some issues with them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.