Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Club Racing at Monticello Motor Club
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
naro914
For those of you that don't know, PCA now has a Vintage Race group for all aircooled cars 1983 and older. The goal here is to get more of our older race cars back into PCA racing.

Classing is simple:
VU4 is 4 cyl under 2.0 liter
VO4 - 4 cyl over 2.0 liter
VU6 - 6 cyl under 2.4 liter
VO6 - 6 cyl over 2.4 liter
VGTU - GT style winged cars under 3.0 liter
VGTO - GT style winged cars over 3.0 liter

We run in our own group - no cup cars, caymans, or those pesky 944 guys out there... just us older cars.

I've done 2 Vintage races with PCA - Summit Point and this last weekend at Monticello. Racing is hard but very respectful. I am in VGTO along with a few other guys. We have great battles and from what I hear, so do the guys throughout the group.

Since all of our 914's fall in the 'Vintage' classification, any of you with racers out there need to look into PCA Vintage group...They are expanding the venues that will hold the Vintage group - I think we have 5 this year, with VIR and maybe more added next year. We had 7 914's at this race...

Here's a video of a few highlights from Monticello. For whatever reason, my camera didn't record Race 2, which had Steven and I passing each other about 8 times, as well as a few agricultural excursions by both of us. But lots of good action in races 1 and 3. Awesome track, and awesome experience...its a very private club and they treat everyone like founding members - 3 full meals served every day, girls in golf cars riding around with water/snacks/ice cream all weekend, staff is amazing...

Probably some of the most fun racing I've ever had...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_WAtrOBb60
Racer
Nice video. Sounds like a good time. Nice track too.
mlindner
Very nice video Bob and thanks for the PCA class information. Best, mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.