Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: New Daily Driver; Keeping It in the Family
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
Some A$$hat at Home Depot backed his delivery truck into the side of my A5; rear quarter panel and door. I forced insurance to total the car. I wasn't going to drive chopped up car.

So I've had it with new or semi-new cars and their computer headaches, high insurance and low fun factor.

So I thought I would try a different route and see if I can hang with a classic as a daily driver. 2 weeks in; so far so good.

Guys I am totally amazed at how this car handles. It also has a rather narrow torque band i need to get used to. i don;t know much about these cars but ordered my Haynes.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Jamie
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jul 20 2018, 08:37 AM) *

Some A$$hat at Home Depot backed his delivery truck into the side of my A5; rear quarter panel and door. I forced insurance to total the car. I wasn't going to drive chopped up car.

So I've had it with new or semi-new cars and their computer headaches, high insurance and low fun factor.

So I thought I would try a different route and see if I can hang with a classic as a daily driver. 2 weeks in; so far so good.

Guys I am totally amazed at how this car handles. It also has a rather narrow torque band i need to get used to. i don;t know much about these cars but ordered my Haynes.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Clean your camera lens! hissyfit.gif This is an especially bad problem with cellphone cameras, fingerprints all over the lens.
Dion
Hmmmm there’s a trend starting here.
I just bought one for my son. A few members kids have them for their daily driver. It’s a fun car.
Good luck with it.
Beebo Kanelle
YES! My philosophy exactly.

Be sure and maintain the timing belt - These are interference engines.

Or, you can just drop in an LS and have zero maintenance.
Racer
While Clark has passed, this to me is the "bible" website for things 944: http://clarks-garage.com/

I enjoyed my 944 more than I thought I would. My second watercooled porsche but remarkable fun to drive. Well balanced. Great steering. Great "touring" car i thought. very highway friendly. Mine was later (an '87) so it had the update dash and slightly higher steering wheel.

Sold mine to make room for my -6 though.

Here it as autocrossing.. bone stock suspension!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.