Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Pedal Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HarveyH
Hi everyone,
I need to adjust the clutch pedal on my car, and I'd like to be able to do it right the first time.

Currently the clutch fully releases in the last inch of pedal travel. Any idea how much the release point will change with each full turn of the adjustment nut?

slits.gif Jacking up the car and crawling around on the floor is getting to be a bit too much.

Thanks,

Harvey
ndfrigi
Hi, that seems a lot of release/loosening needed. 1 turn not really a lot, try 1/2” on ur initial release then test ur clutch again. For me I just make sure all gears will go In especially for the reverse. And atleast 1/4 release on the pedal from the floor before engine and tranny engage. With your current adjustment, clutch disc may easily burn or worn out. You can just jack up one side (rear passenger side) of the car to do the adjustment. Laydown coming from the rear. Just make sure you have a jack stand support along with ur floor jack and also carefull with the exhaust system if its hot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.